Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any firsthand knowledge of Havasu?

I am looking to head up there for a weekend in June for a change of scenery. Do they still have a buoy course set up there? Thanks for any info.

+1
    At body beach? I thought so.

Ask iflyems

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf View Post
    I am looking to head up there for a weekend in June for a change of scenery. Do they still have a buoy course set up there? Thanks for any info.
    Yes, the buoy "course" is still set up at Body Beach. But, this being Memorial Day weekend, no telling what will happen too it.

BTW, the lake un-officially closed by 9 am. There was no where on the entire Colorado River that you could launch your boat or PWC, except Body Beach.

Even then, because the water is very high-450', you should have four wheeldrive to launch.

I went down to Windsor 4 at 8am, and waited an hour, only to be told the ramp closed at 7:30am. So, I went home. No way at all to get on the lake today. Will try earlier tomorrow.

why? are they just rying to limit the water traffic since its a holiday weekend?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawasaki15f View Post
    why? are they just rying to limit the water traffic since its a holiday weekend?
    No, its just really busy. All parking lots are full, and we only have about 3 or 4 ramps in Lake Havasu. Last year, at this time, I was on the water. This year, I'm at home. I left at the same time last year, but just got the finger at the boat ramp from the ranger.

I waited in line for an hour, and they were only turning people around, and had been for quite awhile.

They desperately need more boat ramps here, and a local radio station to tell people that there is no where for them to launch.

There are literally 100's of people that will not be on the lake today, period.

Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    Yes, the buoy "course" is still set up at Body Beach. But, this being Memorial Day weekend, no telling what will happen too it.

BTW, the lake un-officially closed by 9 am. There was no where on the entire Colorado River that you could launch your boat or PWC, except Body Beach.

Even then, because the water is very high-450', you should have four wheeldrive to launch.

I went down to Windsor 4 at 8am, and waited an hour, only to be told the ramp closed at 7:30am. So, I went home. No way at all to get on the lake today. Will try earlier tomorrow.
    Sweet deal, thanks for the info. I am looking at heading up there in late June so hopefully there will not be a problem getting on the water then.

Banned User
    +1
    You won't have any problems then. The newspaper said this years Memorial Day is the busiest they've seen in years.
    apparently, the folks here on vacation didn't get the memo on how bad the economy is.

By 7:00am, you looking at 2 hours to put your boat/ski in the water, today. I heard from people last night, that it took them 3 hours to get there boat out of the water.

I thought about going early this morning, but didn't want to wait hours and hours, to get my ski off the water, when I was done. I'll wait til Tuesday, then go check out the buoys and see what's left.

Yeah that is a long day for a couple hours of riding. I look forward to an update on tuesday. We will have to do some riding whenever I make it up there.

Banned User
    +1
    Went out this morning, almost all of the buoys are still there. Today, Memorial Day, is also considered "locals day" on the lake. It was not very crowded, and less crowded than a normal summer weekend.

My guess is everyone hit the road.

on the busy weekends, you just gotta get up really early
    i have been up @ 6am to launch, and sometimes just slept in at the windsor parking lot. You can go out after 5pm for a couple hours @ windsor and then its free and never a line at the jet boat ramp

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information