Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 250x or FX SHO

250x or FX SHO

Hi Guys...

Given the choice of buying either one..which would you prefer, and why? What are the pro's and cons between the two? I've seen a "boattest" video on youtube on these musclecrafts...and honestly think it was a little biased. I know they're both great machines...but is there a clear winner?

Thanks!!

+1
    .... a bit biased lol he even says at the beginning he was paid by yam to do the test

Banned User
    take sea-doo

Quote Originally Posted by Mack77 View Post
    Hi Guys...

Given the choice of buying either one..which would you prefer, and why? What are the pro's and cons between the two? I've seen a "boattest" video on youtube on these musclecrafts...and honestly think it was a little biased. I know they're both great machines...but is there a clear winner?

Thanks!!

Never Fast Enough caymanian rida's Avatar
    Alot of people been comparing them lately at what i found most people saying was the Ultra has a more comfortable ride offshore and in rough chop it is hard to beat a Ultra with a good rider like they say but the SHO is fast and great in chop and in flat.Sea doo great in the flat but a hard ride in the chop.
    so like i seen in another post
    Sho the hybrid that is great in both flat and ruff
    Ultra the ruff water ski
    Sea doo the flat water ski
    So if your a good rider you can beat your ski's limitations offshore
    I would prefer the ultra when its real ruff but i ride a 15f.. so weather does not effect me anymore cause I keep my self fit to hold on offshore right now i just need a faster bike and I'm leanin towards the SHO because of looks and the performance but the Ultra is the king of the ruff. and a easier ride it just matters on the conditions you ride in...

+1
    Stock they're pretty close in acceleration and top speed. The Ultra yields great gains from minor mods and little $$$ to get to the 70-72 mph area. The Ultra will have the edge in rougher water. Both should be reliable. The SHO is a solid all around boat with a hull that has more top speed potential (if you want to spend the $). Rip n Tear will have more exact info on the SHO. He has a fast one.

I own an Ultra (got a great deal on a leftover 07) but took a serious look at the SHO. The SHO was gonna be $2200 more so I got the Ultra. I'm gonna get a 2 ski trailer and probably add an FZR by summer's end. You'll have to go to the dealers and check both out for yourself. Find out what kind of deal you can get and weigh that against what you like the best.

if you can swing it, get the 260x. Alot less possible problems. Now that my 07 250x was repaired,,I LOVE HER!!! Greatest machine out there. I like the yami's but can't beat Kawi's looks!

250 or SHO

Hi
    Spend the extra couple of bucks and buy the 260. I have had mine now for 3 months and already put 52hours on her. When making the decision looked at the SHO. Seemed to Cavitate too much and seemed very plastic. I ride my ski every weekend and love it, it's the best looking ski and has been very reliable. I am 6foot 3 and the ride is very comfortable.
    Whateva you don't buy a Seadoo. Too many second hand and an ugly ski.

Banned User
    i don't know.

Asking in a Kawi forum for any other ski is not the best idea.

For sure Ultra is always a winner.

But to help you.
    Where do you ride? sea? lake, river?
    Are you looking for stock? mod ski? racing? wave jumping?
    Are you looking to pick up some girls for a "ride"? ONLY with ULTRA possible
    What dealer do you have in your are?
    and.... and.... and....

Banned User
    +1

sho or fzr

bye a a mile

There really isn't a universal forum so figured i'd ask in the Kawi section...

I own an ultra 150, and in ANY type of chop the ski is dead in the water. On a lake, it's amazing; but where I usually ride (offshore/back bays with a lot of cross chop, boat wakes, white caps, 1-2' usual chop) I need something bigger, heavier, and that I can be out for a few hours and not need a chiropractor the next day. The 150 is AWFUL in these conditions, and it always comes unhooked.

When I ride, i want to be out for a while, crusing; doughnuts, hard turns, quick acceleration, racing friends, jumping waves, riding offshore, just playful riding. and yeah...of course taking some girls for rides! lol My 150 is very passenger "un-friendly", and it's very tippy. So the 3 seater will be much nicer.

I will be purchasing the 48 month extended warranty, so I want to hold on to this new ski for a while and enjoy it. Either one, the SHO, or the 250x (260 would be fantastic the black and green are beautiful together, but thats out of the price range) will stay bone stock with a few bolt on's. Nothing major.

I've got a Kawi/Yami dealer in the area, not too far. i'll be mostly riding in the bays and ocean, but the occasional lake and river run. So i'm looking for the best all around ski between the 250/SHO.

The one thing that concerns me is that the ultra says that it ONLY uses premium. That's fine, but what if I need to fill up on the water where only regular is avaliable? the SHO can use regular.

Thanks for all the replies guys...i'm hoping to make my decision real soon!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information