Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

42lb injectors???

Hi guys
    Does anyone know if there is any difference between the Riva 42lb pro series injectors ($299) and the 42lb injectors ($200) sold in the 4-tec store???

Would either of these be sufficient for a setup with a green wheel and ext IC?
    Thanks
    Ned

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Nedo69 View Post
    Hi guys
    Does anyone know if there is any difference between the Riva 42lb pro series injectors ($299) and the 42lb injectors ($200) sold in the 4-tec store???

Would either of these be sufficient for a setup with a green wheel and ext IC?
    Thanks
    Ned
    i asked jerry that same question on the 50 lb inj. he said there was no difference just a high mark up from riva

Banned User
    with that setup unless ur in a cold area all year round you would not need the 42's.

Thanks Busa,
    I assumed that was the case just couldnt believe that someone could mark up a product by that much. Ok then 4tecperformance injectors are the choice

Any one else with an opinion on whether stock injectors are sufficient when running a green wheel and ext IC as Jonny said?? I live in Australia so its never really colder than 15 degrees = 60 F in winter so I dont think temp is a real issue. Ive read elsewhere that 42's are a must?????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedo69 View Post
    Thanks Busa,
    I assumed that was the case just couldnt believe that someone could mark up a product by that much. Ok then 4tecperformance injectors are the choice

Any one else with an opinion on whether stock injectors are sufficient when running a green wheel and ext IC as Jonny said?? I live in Australia so its never really colder than 15 degrees = 60 F in winter so I dont think temp is a real issue. Ive read elsewhere that 42's are a must?????
    Yes they are a must if you go with a green wheel and external IC. Shouldnt need anything else untill you go with more boost than a green wheel. R88

I have seen a physical difference between the Riva Sd and the normal 50's.

Apparently its about atomisation. The pintle and screen are different model to model.

I remember reading at great length somewhere about how the areas of hi and lo pressure are utilised, and the spray pattern can be more important under certain conditions, thus giving better fuel/air mixing. Robert Bosch was responsible for my curiosity on this one years ago.

Do some reading, and you will see what I mean.

My 0.02 is why find out, and wonder if only...?? for another how much, to be loosing sleep???

Maybe it could also be a grading from a production line indication, as we know electronic components are the same, but the mil1 standard items are more reliable than the ones Joe public gets sold.

Spray pattern is important, take a look at the modern ECO friendly injector against the old 1990's injector. They have a finer mist/spray than back then. So the truth is probably mixture quality orientated, therefore efficiency=power output.

As a rule, you get what you pay for in this world, and I want quality, no cut corners on my 'Doo.

Point taken Richie. I have skimped on parts on my bikes and cars in the past only to have it cost me double down the road. Although I think if it is being sold in the 4tec store id assume it would still be an item of descent quality. Guess ill do some more research on them both.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Richieb View Post
    I have seen a physical difference between the Riva Sd and the normal 50's.

Apparently its about atomisation. The pintle and screen are different model to model.

I remember reading at great length somewhere about how the areas of hi and lo pressure are utilised, and the spray pattern can be more important under certain conditions, thus giving better fuel/air mixing. Robert Bosch was responsible for my curiosity on this one years ago.

Do some reading, and you will see what I mean.

My 0.02 is why find out, and wonder if only...?? for another how much, to be loosing sleep???

Maybe it could also be a grading from a production line indication, as we know electronic components are the same, but the mil1 standard items are more reliable than the ones Joe public gets sold.

Spray pattern is important, take a look at the modern ECO friendly injector against the old 1990's injector. They have a finer mist/spray than back then. So the truth is probably mixture quality orientated, therefore efficiency=power output.

As a rule, you get what you pay for in this world, and I want quality, no cut corners on my 'Doo.

I don't know what injectors you're finding, but there are a few different sets at different ratings (42#/hr, 48, 50, 55, 60) that have been in use for a long time now (several years) with no issues.

JFizzle
    So in your opinion/experience the ones sold in 4tec are every bit as good as the Riva ones???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information