Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Nedo69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wollongong, Australia
    Posts
    67

    42lb injectors???

    Hi guys
    Does anyone know if there is any difference between the Riva 42lb pro series injectors ($299) and the 42lb injectors ($200) sold in the 4-tec store???

    Would either of these be sufficient for a setup with a green wheel and ext IC?
    Thanks
    Ned


  2. #2
    Golden Jet red fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    DiJeddah
    Posts
    322
    +1

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    metairie,la
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedo69 View Post
    Hi guys
    Does anyone know if there is any difference between the Riva 42lb pro series injectors ($299) and the 42lb injectors ($200) sold in the 4-tec store???

    Would either of these be sufficient for a setup with a green wheel and ext IC?
    Thanks
    Ned
    i asked jerry that same question on the 50 lb inj. he said there was no difference just a high mark up from riva

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Reading PA
    Posts
    1,670
    with that setup unless ur in a cold area all year round you would not need the 42's.

  5. #5
    Nedo69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wollongong, Australia
    Posts
    67
    Thanks Busa,
    I assumed that was the case just couldnt believe that someone could mark up a product by that much. Ok then 4tecperformance injectors are the choice

    Any one else with an opinion on whether stock injectors are sufficient when running a green wheel and ext IC as Jonny said?? I live in Australia so its never really colder than 15 degrees = 60 F in winter so I dont think temp is a real issue. Ive read elsewhere that 42's are a must?????

  6. #6
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedo69 View Post
    Thanks Busa,
    I assumed that was the case just couldnt believe that someone could mark up a product by that much. Ok then 4tecperformance injectors are the choice

    Any one else with an opinion on whether stock injectors are sufficient when running a green wheel and ext IC as Jonny said?? I live in Australia so its never really colder than 15 degrees = 60 F in winter so I dont think temp is a real issue. Ive read elsewhere that 42's are a must?????
    Yes they are a must if you go with a green wheel and external IC. Shouldnt need anything else untill you go with more boost than a green wheel. R88

  7. #7
    Richieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,001
    I have seen a physical difference between the Riva Sd and the normal 50's.

    Apparently its about atomisation. The pintle and screen are different model to model.

    I remember reading at great length somewhere about how the areas of hi and lo pressure are utilised, and the spray pattern can be more important under certain conditions, thus giving better fuel/air mixing. Robert Bosch was responsible for my curiosity on this one years ago.

    Do some reading, and you will see what I mean.

    My 0.02 is why find out, and wonder if only...?? for another how much, to be loosing sleep???

    Maybe it could also be a grading from a production line indication, as we know electronic components are the same, but the mil1 standard items are more reliable than the ones Joe public gets sold.

    Spray pattern is important, take a look at the modern ECO friendly injector against the old 1990's injector. They have a finer mist/spray than back then. So the truth is probably mixture quality orientated, therefore efficiency=power output.

    As a rule, you get what you pay for in this world, and I want quality, no cut corners on my 'Doo.

    0.02

  8. #8
    Nedo69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wollongong, Australia
    Posts
    67
    Point taken Richie. I have skimped on parts on my bikes and cars in the past only to have it cost me double down the road. Although I think if it is being sold in the 4tec store id assume it would still be an item of descent quality. Guess ill do some more research on them both.

  9. #9
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Richieb View Post
    I have seen a physical difference between the Riva Sd and the normal 50's.

    Apparently its about atomisation. The pintle and screen are different model to model.

    I remember reading at great length somewhere about how the areas of hi and lo pressure are utilised, and the spray pattern can be more important under certain conditions, thus giving better fuel/air mixing. Robert Bosch was responsible for my curiosity on this one years ago.

    Do some reading, and you will see what I mean.

    My 0.02 is why find out, and wonder if only...?? for another how much, to be loosing sleep???

    Maybe it could also be a grading from a production line indication, as we know electronic components are the same, but the mil1 standard items are more reliable than the ones Joe public gets sold.

    Spray pattern is important, take a look at the modern ECO friendly injector against the old 1990's injector. They have a finer mist/spray than back then. So the truth is probably mixture quality orientated, therefore efficiency=power output.

    As a rule, you get what you pay for in this world, and I want quality, no cut corners on my 'Doo.

    0.02
    I don't know what injectors you're finding, but there are a few different sets at different ratings (42#/hr, 48, 50, 55, 60) that have been in use for a long time now (several years) with no issues.

  10. #10
    Nedo69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wollongong, Australia
    Posts
    67
    JFizzle
    So in your opinion/experience the ones sold in 4tec are every bit as good as the Riva ones???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB 42Lb Injectors
    By Gus13letter in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 10:58 AM
  2. Results: S150 w/XS IC, 42lb injectors, 14/19r
    By VX1 in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 09:02 AM
  3. wtb used 42lb injectors
    By cliff0413 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 10:45 PM
  4. FMS 42lbs Injectors?
    By Yellow04RXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2007, 11:34 PM
  5. 42Lbs Injectors
    By ramnj in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •