Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Weekend update :Memorial Day weekend 5/23

Lots of stuff going on for everyone..but first,

I want to thank our soldiers past and present..

Tell us what you got going on ., many skis now running (big Hell yeah! out to Mark and Blue Angel !), those progressing towards new highs in performance..lots of fellows MIA here..its 'cause they are riding, getting ready for the 'bug or getting those honey doo's out of the way, to justify more speed parts...
    fill us in on your long weekend

not alot done for me this week.. rained everyday ..must have finally got the systems you fellows had the week before (we needed the water anyway)

having issues with the throttle cable length on the red wr..(must have installed a cable from another type)..housing ends are adjusted as short as they will go ,yet throttle isnt quite closed (got to find a proper WR cable,or prob will modify the carb end mounting)

not much done else ski wise ..

+1
    No work or riding as of yet.

Work report tomorrow as I have some things I must do.

starting last week i have been preping the top deck for paint i removed the gunwale and all the adhesive underneath it was a real pita but now it is all done, this morning got up the rest of the mats and started preping the rest of the surface now if i can only get the fiberglass splinters off me im gonna get ready for my buddys bbq

+1
    Started out Saturday to test my latest jetting changes on the blaster and on the Raider and the day ended somewhat quick.

1. Blaster...swapped out the pop off pressure for a slightly less 95 gram down to 80 gram and brought my needle in to "1" turn out and started it at home a few times since and it seem to run perfect on the trailer.

2. Raider went down 5 points on the pilotsand went up on the pop off pressure to 115 gram springs from the 95's and started out with this ski first. It ran very good on the trailer and throttle seem very crisp. I got to the lake and fired her up and she idled awesome...and a real smooth 1250 rpm and I was like yeah baby! Once I started to open up the throttle tho...I could tell it was to lean. It had a bad hesitation ...bad enough I didn't ride it but for a second. I noticed once it made the transition, it pulled good and so I tossed it back on the trailer. I figure I'm going to go up on the pilots until the hesitation goes away. I may swap back in the 115's pilots and see what it does from there.

3. Blaster blew the waterbox up as soon as I hit the starter grr. I started it at home and it ran perfect so not sure ...but I know my old ritual of starting them for a 15 seconds before they hit the water and the back pressure will be back full game on. It popped the box and blew the hose off. At first I thought I got luck and it just took the hose off and slid it back on. I let some fresh air in the hull and she fired up and ran good for the situation. I noticed however it was down 400ish rpm but still ran 51.3 mph so it should be a good runner once I get the new box in it.

Rejet tonight and see if these larger pilots will do the trick....I'm hoping. If not then I may try higher. I loved the way it idles now...so once I get this transition down....it should be game on.

m

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    Still nothing to report.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OBXJeepGuy View Post
    Still nothing to report.
    sorry to hear that man....do you have all your parts cleaned up ready for re-install?

What parts? I still can't get my crank. So for now, I get to watch everyone else ride. And also field phone calls from out of town visitors asking me to come out, and show them around the water and can't.

+1
    I meant the parts you do have, and will save....hull, cylinders, intakes etc

M

Sure thing... Everything is ready to go.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information