PADLOC has me locked out reset doesn't help - HELP!

OK, so I get my ski back today from the dealer who was working on it (Cylindar rebuild, carb rebuild & tune, new pistons, etc). I've NEVER dealt with PADLOC before even after pulling my battery for winter. The previous owner didn't have a code, I never had a code.

When I picked it up they said they had to use a code a couple times but I could read the manual and reset it. I try to start it in the lot and nothing. No click, no turnover. I get it home, reset PADLOC, still nothing. So I put the battery on the charger, screw around with resetting PADLOC over and over to no avail. Finally after searching here for a bit I go back out. WHAM - fires right up. I turn it off, give it another fire, WHAM fires right up. Drive over to the lake, put it in, fires right up again. Go about 100 feet in idle, stalls. DEAD. Just like in the driveway. No click nothing. My wife has gone back home so I get towed across the lake to my house and couldn't be more pissed. However, at this point I haven't tied the charging of the battery as why it started.

I pull the battery put it on the charger. Just like last time, reads fully charged but leave it on anyway. Search PADLOC on the net, read for about an hour. Go back, plunk the battery in. Fires right up. Shut her down, push out of the lift, fire it up, let it idle, hit the stop button. Fire it up again, no problem at all. Tear around the lake for 15 minutes, thinking - ok, it's all fine now. Stop back in front of our pier, my wife is down there happy that I'm happy, shut it off. Try to restart but Dead again. Won't fire. resetting the code does nothing.

I couldn't be more pissed right now. Any thoughts on what it could be? From reading the searches here it sounds like PADLOC locks you out even in a low voltage situation but the battery reads fully charged. It's about 1.5 years old and it was never a problem before. That's what is so hard to figure, NONE of this ever happened before!!

I don't want to spend all of this weekend without this thing again after waiting 3 weeks to get it back.

+1
    I had a new Battery in mine (jetworks) it would run and then just die wouldn't start, evrerything dead then bam start again and run turned out to be an open circuit in the battery it would open when it got hot try replacing the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by osidebill
    I had a new Battery in mine (jetworks) it would run and then just die wouldn't start, evrerything dead then bam start again and run turned out to be an open circuit in the battery it would open when it got hot try replacing the battery.
    Just bought a new one, added acid, it's on the charger. We'll see how this goes.

Thanks!

+1
    Are you unconnecting the blue plug from the gauge when you reset the code?
    You might have a bad starter relay in the electrical box, or your start/stop switch is going bad. just a guess.

Thanks for all the assistance! After trying everything else it turned out to be the Starter relay.

Glenn Curtiss motorsports really stepped up on this one. Even though they had no people in the shop today, (only a sales day). Glenn called in a tech who came to my house, trouble shot the problem went back to the shop to get his tools and parts, came back to fix it. Unreal customer service. Kudos to them, they have a customer for life.

Thread Information