GTI 03 burns 1 spark plugs every30 min

Hi!!!
    I just rebuilt my 03 GTI 717, new carb, new crankshaft, new pistons, new spark plugs.

The problem is that The spark plug in cylinder #2 is burned (there is no spark between electrodes), I put a new one and works again, runs god, but just 30min after starts to fail again, I pulled the Doo out of the water and again the spark plug in Cylinder #2 is not working. New spark plug again and just the same time after fail yes... again. I cheked spark plug wires and both are ok.

I donīt have idea what can be. Could be the coil? or what else?
    Help me please a just spend over than $1500 rebuilding my Doo and now is burning one spark plug jeje.

Cylinder #1 is god without problems.

+1
    Are you sure your not getting water into the combustion chamber at all maybe head gasket leaking , exhaust gasket leaking ? What color is the plug when you remove it.

mechanic said me to make the mixture 30-1 because pistons, rings and crankshaft are news, after 1 tank then make the mixture normal. fist think I tough was to much mixture and then the spark canīt jump betwen electrodes but when I took spark plug out I saw the electrodes really clean (nothing can avoid the jump of the spark). Spark plug just come off wet.

so its now running premix and you didnt do the Carbs. Have you ever built a Seadoo Engine before?? They have some special things about them that can perplex even seasoned outboard Mechanics.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin1907 View Post
    mechanic said me to make the mixture 30-1 because pistons, rings and crankshaft are news, after 1 tank then make the mixture normal. fist think I tough was to much mixture and then the spark canīt jump betwen electrodes but when I took spark plug out I saw the electrodes really clean (nothing can avoid the jump of the spark). Spark plug just come off wet.
    Normal seadoo engines run 40/1 so are you running double the amount of oil ?????
    Are the spark plugs black on the porcelein next to the electrode when removed ? Does it smoke up alot when idling ??? maybe its too much oil and not able to burn it off ??? You would see it clearly if that so.

mechanic who did the job just work with sea doo motors (15 years working), spark plugs looks ok both, the only difference with the one in cylinder 2 is the spark jump inside the spark plug (where the porcelain is not in the gap). Both spark plugs are very clean between electrodes (where gap is) but just in cylinder #1 the spark jumps there.

Thanks in advance!!!

Could be the coil, or you think is just a bad 30-1 mixture.

Thread Information