Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Boost hose

Boost hose

Anyone making a line for between the Stock IC and S/C that has an HKS fitting (flang)?

+1
    R&D has one with the bov included, not sure they would sell just the hose! Link http://www.rd-performance.com/newPro...yamaha/fzr.asp If someone knows of just the hose only for a bov please post the information please!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Anyone making a line for between the Stock IC and S/C that has an HKS fitting (flang)?
    I'm selling mine over in the yammi classified section, Shobiz, there's nothing wrong with it. Less than 2 hours.

It's got the Bosch valve, I don't know if they use the samr flange or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bpnta View Post
    I'm selling mine over in the yammi classified section, Shobiz, there's nothing wrong with it. Less than 2 hours.

It's got the Bosch valve, I don't know if they use the samr flange or not.

I have one of those (and the BOV leaks even at idle). Looking to use an HKS like I used on this (but to the OEM I/C):

+1
    I have one of those (and the BOV leaks even at idle). Looking to use an HKS like I used on this (but to the OEM I/C):
    Ah, I got ya.

Aren't the BOV's supposed to be open at idle? There's a vacuum in the manifold so the BOV should be open?

+1
    Is it the plastic one? How much boost are you losing? I was thinking about upgrading to the billet one after I get my C1 in, but now I'm leaning more towrds an HKS and having a tube fabbed up. I've also noticed the silicone hose expands a bit when you gun the throttle...did you notice any improvement in throttle response with the metal boost pipe? LMK if you find a bolt-on solution.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Is it the plastic one? How much boost are you losing? I was thinking about upgrading to the billet one after I get my C1 in, but now I'm leaning more towrds an HKS and having a tube fabbed up. I've also noticed the silicone hose expands a bit when you gun the throttle...did you notice any improvement in throttle response with the metal boost pipe? LMK if you find a bolt-on solution.
    I'm wondering how many SHO/FZR owners would be interested in purchasing a boost tube kit identical to the one I had installed on my SHO. I could put together a bolt -on kit for about the same price or a bit cheaper than what's currently available....plus you would have a superior BOV and a charge pipe that wont flex....for improved throttle response. Not to mention the bling factor And it sounds awesome.....and it is saving your SC clutch and a pending expensive repair.

Here r some pics and vids....

Not promising anything......just wanting to see if enough people would be interested to make this worthwhile....

Let me know what u think guys....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00798.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	133496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00808.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	133497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00817.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	133498  

If it where around $120 or less (using my own HKS BOV) I would probably jump for it. I generally have no idea how long I will use something since I like to play with things so I have to be cautious Hell, in a week to 4 weeks I could be in an RD R4 IC for all I know.

+1
    I've been looking at the 4 current BOV 4 set ups that have been done. Yours is the nicest i've seen yet. But, also the most expensive up front.
    Fabbed piece:$180
    HKS BOV: $220
    HKS Flange: $20
    Hoses: $20
    Clamps: $25
    $485 total

The other option i've seen is a more butchered approach, but effective.
    HKS 60mm 90* bend pipe $40
    HKS BOV/w flange $236 shipped on ebay(same price as yours)
    Flange welded to pipe $25(estimate)
    Cut stock hose to make connections...Free
    upgraded T-bolt clamps like you have $25
    $326 total

$160 difference....But wait!!! there's a catch

The factory hose you're cutting retails for $230. The cheapest i've seen it online is $167. So if you ever plan to go back to stock. A new hose is going to cost you what you saved now.

So i guess you could either let the BOV go with the ski if you trade or sell it. Or, buy a new stock hose and hope to sell the BOV and pipe and recover the $160 for the new hose.

Or go with your setup now and at trade in or sale, put the factory hose back on and sell your set up for $350-400 used to recoup the money.

For the budget minded now, the butchered way is more feasible.

For the long term value and the nicer set-up. Yours is the way to go.

So, I would be interested to see if you could have more made up and the cost.

Sorry for the long post, but couldn't explain in less words.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    I'm wondering how many SHO/FZR owners would be interested in purchasing a boost tube kit identical to the one I had installed on my SHO. I could put together a bolt -on kit for about the same price or a bit cheaper than what's currently available....plus you would have a superior BOV and a charge pipe that wont flex....for improved throttle response. Not to mention the bling factor And it sounds awesome.....and it is saving your SC clutch and a pending expensive repair.

Here r some pics and vids....

Not promising anything......just wanting to see if enough people would be interested to make this worthwhile....

Let me know what u think guys....
    Last edited by KamikazeGPR; 05-25-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: .

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    If it where around $120 or less (using my own HKS BOV) I would probably jump for it. I generally have no idea how long I will use something since I like to play with things so I have to be cautious Hell, in a week to 4 weeks I could be in an RD R4 IC for all I know.
    $120.00??

ok dude....no more Jack for you tonight.....your cut off!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information