Thread: FZ - Questions/Observations
05-24-2009, 11:13 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- NE Ohio
FZ - Questions/Observations
The FZS is my sixth ski, my last one was a GP1200 with a Group K engine, that is my point of comparison. I was finally able to put some time on the ski today and here are some views and questions:
1. With an intake, exhaust , grate and arrester removal the ski would only hit 68, but this was in a small chop, should this be higer? I am 190 lbs, done with neutral trim, a 1/2 tank and at 70 degrees.
2. The tach shows an idle rpm of 1150, is this normal. This is approximately 3.75 mph on the gps.
3. No matter how I try I get minor cavitation during the hole shot, is this common and is there anyway to remedy it? This is with my body over the bars and with neutral trim.
1. Dry ride.
2. No water inside of hull.
3. The way it carves is absolutely amazing. It definitely handles like a smaller ski.
4. It has the R&D grate and it stays hooked like it is on a track.
5. For me it has a driveability issue with a passenger, the lean in handling (good) hurts the ski because the passenger can change the track when they move.
05-24-2009, 11:17 PM #2
did you replace the arrester with the riva, or did you just remove it and put nothing in its place?
05-24-2009, 11:34 PM #3
05-25-2009, 07:19 AM #4
ok cool. Well the only thing I can answer for you is question 2. My tach shows about 1150 at idle as well so thats normal.
05-25-2009, 08:36 PM #5
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
My ski had the same results. riva intake, flame arrestor out, free flow exhaust and RD intake. I had 1/2 tank and also had a slight chop. I expected better results but am not holding my breath with those results until i get some flat water.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By MPower in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 5Last Post: 08-11-2009, 10:04 AM
By Jack B in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 0Last Post: 06-07-2009, 10:34 PM
By rx4pain in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 34Last Post: 11-21-2008, 10:36 PM
By lafjax in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 11Last Post: 03-18-2008, 11:47 PM
By 1FastTrespiper in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 05-08-2005, 10:53 PM