Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help ASAP!

+1

Need help ASAP!

So just got back from LA my phone rings my friends 04 with the same mods my ski has has two dead cyclinders (2 & 3) when I say dead I mean it wont run with the #1 plug wire disconected but the #2 and #3 have no affect on the idle. He pulled the heads off at the lake thinking it was a burned up cyclinder(s) NOPE they look great, there is spark and there appears to br fuel. He also has the VF3's when the ski started having problems he became airborn and heard a loud pop (backfire maybee?) could this have destroyed the reeds? there does not appear to be any material oin the cyclinders? anything else we should look at before ripping the reeds out? also who stock replacement parts for the reeds? thanks guys

check your plug wires, I have founds some bad ones lately. Use an ohm meter. and yes a back fire can brake the reeds. check the compresion at WOT and then at idle, if no differance then check the reeds
    Mike

+1
    So Just got the reeds out the #3 set is destroyed! 2 peddles are gone and the cage is broken at the tip (part closiest to the cylinder) somehow parts of the peddles from the # 3 cylinder got stuck in the #2 cylinders reeds? but they look fine?? these reeds have less than 2 hours on them! Where can I get the parts to fix em?? or maybee they sould go in the garbage?

Look on the bright side... ...you found the issue quick! Once you get the parts it's a quick fix. Any ideas how that all happened? I think it's odd to have a two sets that are bad?

I was told my a two stroke mech. that if you rev the engine and then pull the lanyard to kill it (while it's at a high RPM you can damage the reeds... kind of like when you're clearing the water out after a ride. Just a thought?

On an other note, looks like I'll have my skis up here in about two weeks. I'm going to be looking for a new double trailer. Can't trust the loaner I got now.

Talk to you soon,
    Scott

+1
    NO idea what caused it just hope we can find parts to get her fixed for next weekend! If not back to stock reeds

How many hours are on those reeds?

I had a similar issue with the RAD valve setup. Over 40 hours and had to replace them. I heard a snap and thought i broke something, turned out to be the reeds.

+1
    less than 2 hours on them!

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd
    less than 2 hours on them!

+1
    well talked with carl at island racing he thinks there was a bad backfire that caused the damage and luckily he is able to get a new cage with reeds for us!! Thanks Carl!

That's great!!! :P

What mods does your friend have? Is he running the right gas for his set up?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information