Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

stage2 rxp vs wake 215 barley pulled away

Tested my stage 2 yesterday after finally getting my re blocks thanks jerry
    anyways, i dont seem too impressed with my stage 2 Me and my wife lined up. Mine 06 rxp and hers 08 wake 215 stock.
    We were on a river, pretty flat with some light chop from other boats.
    From the start i get the jump maybe by a ski and she is keeping up all the way down. Testing between maybe 1/8 mile or a little more. We do this 4 times and the same. I even let off the throttle a bit to see if can pull away and we are neck and neck Couldnt do too much testing due to alot of people on the water.
    The only extra upgrades i added with stage 2 were 42# injectors and re blocks. My rxp feels like it pulls alot harder than the wake. What gives The handling is great I just figured i would be pulling away alot more.
    Any ideas

+1
    What all parts did you install? What rpms are you running and with what impeller?

+1
    Look and see how your block offs lined up. Mine were pretty bad off and had to fill 1/4" gap with RTV. When it comes out I feel alot of drag.

Crap, too excited on testing didnt even pay attention to the rpms Sorry Will be testing again hopefully on wednesday.
    Mods are green wheel, gen 2 intercooler, riva intake, riva water box, riva sponsons, riva grate/r&d girdle kit, re blocks, 42# inj, pump wedge, solas 15/20, synapse bov.

Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    Look and see how your block offs lined up. Mine were pretty bad off and had to fill 1/4" gap with RTV. When it comes out I feel alot of drag.
    Got my RE blocks last wednesday. I did have some gap and filled in the next day. Just looked again and the right side still has some gaps. Ill fill it in and see what happens. thanks

+1
    Wow, with those mods you should be running 75 - 77 mph if you have no boost leaks, grate is up and tight & shoe is solid and rpms are around 8100. You should be running away from the other ski ... my guess is boost leak somewhere ... check all clamps and fittings, check that BOV (they often leak boost).

Hoss is right, check the REs too ... I had to do some grinding on mine to get them to fit the way I wanted ... when done, mine were recessed a little higher than the hull all the way around and angled very slightly UP from front to rear ... no drag that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Wow, with those mods you should be running 75 - 77 mph if you have no boost leaks, grate is up and tight & shoe is solid and rpms are around 8100. You should be running away from the other ski ... my guess is boost leak somewhere ... check all clamps and fittings, check that BOV (they often leak boost).

Hoss is right, check the REs too ... I had to do some grinding on mine to get them to fit the way I wanted ... when done, mine were recessed a little higher than the hull all the way around and angled very slightly UP from front to rear ... no drag that way.
    Ill make sure ill check my rpms on my next run.And It might be that BOV. It felt a little loose when i connected it to the flange adapter. I think the design of it is kinda crappy the way it connects. Ill give that company a call tomorrow.
    Thanks for your Vern and Hoss

+1
    To each his own but if you run in any kind of chop that riva wedge will kill your hook up. Personally, I think the wedge is better suited for the rxt & NOT the P unless you're looking for top end on glass waters.

Vern is right, you should be in the upper mid 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    To each his own but if you run in any kind of chop that riva wedge will kill your hook up. Personally, I think the wedge is better suited for the rxt & NOT the P unless you're looking for top end on glass waters.
    Yep, my wedge is getting the boot! Same with my Riva grate. I like both of them, but my conditions rarely allow me to take advantage of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post

Vern is right, you should be in the upper mid 70's.
    yea, thought i was going to blow my wife away looked to my left and there she was guess im not even close in the upper 70s which i wanted Normally its glassy when i 1st get to the river until evryone starts showing up. I mostly ride at the river around 80% and the beach ( sound side) 20% Thanks for the tip

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information