+1

Posting links to greenhulk.net on other forums. (Riva)

While I am flattered that the patrons of my site think enough of the place to post links on the Riva forum, please do so with a little taste.

The situation is out of hand and has come to the point that Riva has activated "greenhulk" as a trigger word.

I have been in contact with them about this and sympathize with their viewpoint on this issue. For instance, if somone on the Riva forum was looking for input on something a member from here would simply reply "www.greenhulk.net/yamaha"

In my opinion a better way to respond would be to helpfully answer the persons question and actually give them the direct link to the thread here and let them know that more information may be available to them there.
    I think responding to them in this manner would be permissible.

It's just that when you post direct links to the forum it is construed as antagonistic and sets off alarms over there.

The internet is a big place, large enough for more than one forum. I see no reason why we shouldn't all get along.

Thanks!
    Jerry

+1
    that is my fault guys. If anyone is guilty of that - it's me. I do apologize for any trouble that i may have inflicted over that.

Just wanted to own up to that. It's just hard to see these people's post sit for days and days going unanswered when there are people here that can answer it in seconds.

So i do apologize guys for adding fuel to the fire on that one topic. That's my bad. Won't happen again.

+1
    Jerry,
    ask Riva if they mind if we PM the poster with the link. Keeps it private, but gets them the answer at the same time.

+1
    It's just hard to see these people's post sit for days and days going unanswered when there are people here that can answer it in seconds.

yUp !

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT
    that is my fault guys. If anyone is guilty of that - it's me. I do apologize for any trouble that i may have inflicted over that.

Just wanted to own up to that. It's just hard to see these people's post sit for days and days going unanswered when there are people here that can answer it in seconds.

So i do apologize guys for adding fuel to the fire on that one topic. That's my bad. Won't happen again.
    BAD abbott he he he.

Thread Information