Thread: DESS help...

DESS help...

So I got another MPEM that wasn't fried, but I am having other issues. When I put the lanyard on that came with the MPEM (which is supposedly the correct one for the mpem) I get one long beep. No matter how much I wiggle it or tape it on the outside, I get the same results. If I swap out DESS posts, I get the same results. All of the wiring checks good (colors match, get continuity when keys are put on). If I put the MPEM into diagnostic mode (push start button 5x) and use the lanyard that came with it, I get 2 long beeps indicating wrong lanyard or DESS wiring is wrong. If I use another lanyard from a different MPEM in diagnostic mode I get 2 short beeps indicating it can't read the lanyard or the wiring is wrong. If I use ANOTHER lanyard (I only have one ski, but 3 lanyards for it, lol) I get 2 longs beeps again in diagnostic mode. Results are the same with both DESS posts I have. Battery is good. If I put my friends MPEM in and use his key, everything works fine. Any ideas?

None of the keys match the programming. His works because his key is programmed to his MPEM. Its nothing to do with the DESS post, its the key code on the MPEM. You got the wrong key with the new MPEM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwick86 View Post
    None of the keys match the programming. His works because his key is programmed to his MPEM. Its nothing to do with the DESS post, its the key code on the MPEM. You got the wrong key with the new MPEM.
    I figured it wasn't the post, I just wanted to eliminate that factor. I agree it all seems like the key isn't programmed, just seeing why one of the lanyards acts different than the other 2 (says it can't read the code or the cap is defective. Funny thing is, that lanyard is in the best condition, like brand new. the other two that register as not programmed are in rough shape. I guess I will have to see when I can get into the dealer for a programming.

Thread Information