Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What setup charger wise should I run?

1) S3, XS intercooler, and 42's.

2) Green Wheel, XS intercooler, and 42's

3) X-Charger and 42's

I figure these are my only options without having to run a RRFPR and monitor AFR, correct? What would be the best, most reliable setup to run? Any other options out there?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post

3) X-Charger and 42's

I figure these are my only options without having to run a RRFPR and monitor AFR, correct? What would be the best, most reliable setup to run? Any other options out there?

The S3 and the greenwheel are the two on the list can be safely run WOT without the use of a RRFPR if I remember right, the S3 is the better of the two(IMO).. The X-charger would give you the best results thou.. I wouldn't be scared of the RRFPR(other than cost) it's very easy to set-up and with a friends J-pipe and LM-1 your done..put the plug back in and ride with confidence

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post

3) X-Charger and 42's

#2 is out of the question. I'm not sure what kind of results you will see with just a X-charger on the stock IC. I have #1 and love it. Out of the hole the ski is a beast. I have a couple friends on here that can attest to that. If you go with a XS IC, go with JFizzleJR's kit (Type 3 IC) if you want more top end speed or the Type 9 (like jtskier11 and I run) for more grunt out of the hole. 1mph top end difference between them.

The setup in my signature is a nice balance of speed, acceleration, reliability, and cost effectiveness. I am very happy with it.

Banned User
    love my stock IC with the X charger, killer mid range great out of the hole and good gains on the top end.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    #2 is out of the question. I'm not sure what kind of results you will see with just a X-charger on the stock IC. I have #1 and love it. Out of the hole the ski is a beast. I have a couple friends on here that can attest to that. If you go with a XS IC, go with JFizzleJR's kit (Type 3 IC) if you want more top end speed or the Type 9 (like jtskier11 and I run) for more grunt out of the hole. 1mph top end difference between them.

The setup in my signature is a nice balance of speed, acceleration, reliability, and cost effectiveness. I am very happy with it.
    I think I want to build a rough water boat. Lake Mead is windy and full of boat wake during the summer. I think option 1 is the best, run a 3 blade, and with the 2 inch riva extension. I think that would be a beast of a setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    The S3 and the greenwheel are the two on the list can be safely run WOT without the use of a RRFPR if I remember right, the S3 is the better of the two(IMO).. The X-charger would give you the best results thou.. I wouldn't be scared of the RRFPR(other than cost) it's very easy to set-up and with a friends J-pipe and LM-1 your done..put the plug back in and ride with confidence
    Alex, that's true, but I'd rather put money towards the pump extension than spend money on fueling upgrades. I'd be happy with a solid 76+ mph boat that handles rough water no problem.

If you want a rough water boat I would NOT go bigger than a S3 SC. Save your clutch. Bigger and heavier wheels like the X SC I would stay away from.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    If you want a rough water boat I would NOT go bigger than a S3 SC. Save your clutch. Bigger and heavier wheels like the X SC I would stay away from.
    That's part of my thinking. S3 is pretty much the largest charger I can run with 42's and a XS, correct?

Correct. Go with a front 4" kana intake too.

+1
    I run an S3, 50`s, stock intercooler (xs going back in after mod) , Riva pro ecu and a 3 blade. With RE`s and a riva loader. I love air. Oh and a 4".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information