+1

Prop pitches for max speed and performance

If you guys/girls are not checking your props and matching them to your setup on your ski your not getting the best performance out if it as you can. Why spend hundreds of dollars on bolt on go fast parts " reeds, carbs,big bore cyls, heads, C D I, H O pump, porting" and not matching your prop pitch to get the best out of your ski is major over sight on your part./ The quality and accuracy of prop from the mfg. is very poor at best. Just ask the guys that are fastest if they re work there props and they all will say yes. All the HP in the world won't make your ski faster if the prop is not correct. This was not done as a profit maker for me. Most places sell gauges for $80- up. It cost me almost $50.00 each to make these gauges. Check out the for sale section of the forum.

You guys screwed me!

YOU GUYS REALLY SCREWED ME!!!!!
    JUST KIDDING! Well now I do have a problem maybe you can help me with. GP1300R, most of riva stage I, d-plate, solas 13/20, pump seal kit, Lowell Horning pump gas head mod, R&D race flame arrestor, etc. Making so much torque now on the bottom that the prop just spools up until the ski gets on top of the water, seems to cavitate alot. Maybe I'm underpropped for this set up? Arm stretching torque AND I HAVEN'T EVEN INSTALLED MY JETWORKS MOD YET! Should I make the switch to the dynafly and 05 pump now or does this have nothing to do with that? Hey Tommy, maybe I need to call you.
    Thanks guys

+1
    You running a Riva 1200 grate?
    Whats your compression?

Compression... uh 150psi. Running premium as per Lowell Horning. Oh yea running a Riva 1200R/1300R two bar top loader intake grate.

+1
    ttt

Quote Originally Posted by Fandini View Post
    YOU GUYS REALLY SCREWED ME!!!!!
    JUST KIDDING! Well now I do have a problem maybe you can help me with. GP1300R, most of riva stage I, d-plate, solas 13/20, pump seal kit, Lowell Horning pump gas head mod, R&D race flame arrestor, etc. Making so much torque now on the bottom that the prop just spools up until the ski gets on top of the water, seems to cavitate alot. Maybe I'm underpropped for this set up? Arm stretching torque AND I HAVEN'T EVEN INSTALLED MY JETWORKS MOD YET! Should I make the switch to the dynafly and 05 pump now or does this have nothing to do with that? Hey Tommy, maybe I need to call you.
    Thanks guys
    Yep, I think you're ready for the 05' and the dynafly. Send those cylinders to Lowell over the winter and get them ported for some more bang

Thread Information