Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Let's talk PWC Drive-on Jet-Docks!

Looking for your feedback and experiences with all the various drive-on PWC dock companies out there.... I've dealt with a few of them, but now that its my money and my useage, I'm really doing my research...

I need to purchase about 15-20 of them for my new shop for my business on the water... I have 60' of bulkhead and permits to go 40' out into the waterway

Sport Port

Jet-Dock

EZ Port

Connect a dock

Hydroport 2

Caroline Docks roll-n-go

Shore Port

who else is out there... which ones have you used and deemed JUNK... which ones would you hands down be willing to buy again?

prices at retail vary from 1,000 on up to 2000 per unit so far is what i'm finding...

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    How much boat wake and wave action do you need them to handle?

Lots of marinas use EZ ports at Lake of the Ozarks. Nice clean look and the rollers help load and unload. I've also used Jet-Docks but don't like them because the black surface gets too hot and they have a huge, open hole in the middle. Seen too many people fall into it. Plus, without the rollers, they're difficult to load and unload the bigger skis.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    sport port xlt all the way !!!
    i am bias cause i own 1 and Love it ,after leaving 1 at my parents house when they sold the house
    got 1 deliverd for 700 used
    never tried any others tho sorry
    but i am getting in the truck in 6 hours to go pick 2 more up at 4 bills each used
    a little candle works wonders on the "runners" for better slideing without being slippery
    the 1 in my canal is just tied on -no pipes holding anything-still very stable
    good luck and congrats on the dock/store front
    mattman

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gtxsc03 View Post
    Lots of marinas use EZ ports at Lake of the Ozarks. Nice clean look and the rollers help load and unload. I've also used Jet-Docks but don't like them because the black surface gets too hot and they have a huge, open hole in the middle. Seen too many people fall into it. Plus, without the rollers, they're difficult to load and unload the bigger skis.
    +1 on this. I would go with the EZ ports and stay away from the jet-docks.

Roll-n-ride. Nice light color that doesn't get hot, reasonable price, durable. Used them now for 2 years on the Ohio river with barge traffic and heavy boat traffic. All the hardware is treated for salt water use as well. Liked them so much I am a dealer

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    updating post... sold all the stuff i originally bought, wasn't that happy with them....

now have all EZ Dock stuff, and became a dealer as well, truly impressed with the product.
    Last edited by Shibby1485; 02-01-2010 at 10:20 PM.

Those are the ones Shib.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Roll-...24144005r21613

is that the docks you are a dealer for?

whatever company i pick, i'm going to be applying for a dealership since i'll be getting so many of them and there's a market here for them to warrant me being a dealer... i'd imagine someone would be willing to cut me a dealer (whether it be a local dealer or the mfg) since i'll be buying a bulk of them

some of them make me nervous that they are the same length as the skis, or sometimes shorter... says roll-n-go is 11 feet long... that's shorter than an RXT or SHO or most 3-seaters.... worried about the back end of the skis sitting in the salt water... input on that watermedic?

i kind of ruled the cubed "jetdock" out of the equation as well..

the white sport ports look extremely cheese dick and light duty compared to most the other products available, but i could be wrong
    The only problem I see with these docks is that there is no roller. They kind of look like the sport ports( I have one of them also) and it is a PITA to get a ski pushed off.
    We have 5 EZ ports with EZ Port docks around them and leave them in all winter long in the bay. They have held up well even with the occasional ice. What ever ones you get your already ahead of the game by ruling out jetdock!

+1
    Shibs, I have no input here, but I just wanted to chime in to say congrats on your business. Looks like things are working out quite nicely for you. Next time I am in NYC, I'll have to come check out your shop. Sorry for the hijack.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information