Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SHO Low R.P.M

SHO Low R.P.M

Hi all
    I have a 08 sho which will only do 6000rpm and 35mph at WOT,it has been at the dealers for 3weeks now,they have done all the test on the supercharger,engine,pump the lot and all test come up good (no problems).It runs perfect and will run all day at that speed.Yamaha(AUS) say that this has never happend before and has them stumped. From here on its all in there hands to find the problem (how long that takes who knows).Just would like to know if there are any people who may have had sumthing go wrong like this.

cheers
    mick

Quote Originally Posted by mickjen View Post
    Hi all
    I have a 08 sho which will only do 6000rpm and 35mph at WOT,it has been at the dealers for 3weeks now,they have done all the test on the supercharger,engine,pump the lot and all test come up good (no problems).It runs perfect and will run all day at that speed.Yamaha(AUS) say that this has never happend before and has them stumped. From here on its all in there hands to find the problem (how long that takes who knows).Just would like to know if there are any people who may have had sumthing go wrong like this.

cheers
    mick
    First thing that crossed my mind was the L-mode, but this should not be the case since you have had it at the dealer.

Now not the L-mode they tried that,The only thing when i was riding was the low fuel buzzer was on and i had 2 bars on the guage,Filled it up the next day and put it in the water and it still went the same speed

+1
    If you get that stuck you can throw my Motec in and we'll see if it can come up with something??
    Just don't tell anyone!

Besides, who needs their ski with this much rubbish in the rivers and bay.

i coundnt get over 5500 rpms it was my super charger clutch sprag

my bet is the clutch....pull the intake hose off the supercharger inlet and see if your supercharger wheel will spin both ways...
    I dont believe that yamaha said it has not happed yet last time it happeded to me the parts to fix it were backordered because there were so many on order.

this really sucks man I have had it happen to me twice so far.

Quote Originally Posted by allstar71 View Post
    my bet is the clutch....pull the intake hose off the supercharger inlet and see if your supercharger wheel will spin both ways...
    I dont believe that yamaha said it has not happed yet last time it happeded to me the parts to fix it were backordered because there were so many on order.

this really sucks man I have had it happen to me twice so far.
    That was the first thing they looked at and said that is was spinning ok, going in to the dearlers today after work to see what has been done might have a look at the supercharger with them.

Thanks guys

yeah, it spins fine but should only spin in one direction...may be something else but sounds exactly like the clutch...

Quote Originally Posted by allstar71 View Post
    yeah, it spins fine but should only spin in one direction...may be something else but sounds exactly like the clutch...
    Just got back from the dealers and they said the clutch only spins one way, and locks in the other way,the only other thing is that it could be is faulty supercharger.They have done every test that they can and come up with nothing they are trying everthing.It will get up to full R.P.M on the hose but put it in the water under load it will only do 6000r.p.m This is a first class yamaha dealer and they are trying everthing but are stumped as is yamaha (A.U.S)

?? this is an interesting thing keep us posted. I would really like to know what it turns out to be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information