Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

erratic idle / stalling problem ??

ski starts and idles fine, but when letting off the throttle from high rpm's or letting off the throttle from quick starts and stops it will stutter and drop to about 600-700 rpm and shoot back up to 1,250,,, every once in a while it will hit 600-700 and just stall. Anybody have any suggestions where to start looking ?? Thanks Chris

P.S. stock ski, no real mods, and no codes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    ski starts and idles fine, but when letting off the throttle from high rpm's or letting off the throttle from quick starts and stops it ill stutter and drop to about 600-700 rpm and shoot back up to 1,250,,, every once in a while it will stall. Anybody have any suggestions where to start looking ?? Thanks Chris
    hahahhaa, im sorry. Same exact shit is going on with my ski. I found water in both of my catch cans. Im still looking for the problem. Ill let you know what I find. Have you pulled your plugs yet? and do you know if you were ingestion water? any problems spinning higher rpms??

+1
    WOW!! let me add mine to the list..i went out yesterday and 5 minutes in the water my Ski started missing ...it cleared up at high rpm but at idle it was jumping and stalled couple times..I dont see any water or anything in the engine oil so i'm thinking my sparks are done at only 8 hours ..

Hitting 7,800 + rpm, no top end or mid-range problems, no water ingestion problems ever. Dealer installed new plugs when they did the re-calls beginning of last year, only have about 15-20 hours on them.

De-winterized the ski on Saturday, I noticed the little T-pipe connecting the valve cover breathers to the air box had melted, so I repalced it. First time out yesterday, ski ran great, then started to act up later in the day.

I'm hoping it's something simple like a vaccuum line.

+1
    I would def. check your plug.my Ski was running on 2 cyl by the end of the day and I only have 8 hours on it.The plugs are most common on this Skis to take a crap fast from looking at old thread on here after searching for the problem

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    Hitting 7,800 + rpm, no top end or mid-range problems, no water ingestion problems ever. Dealer installed new plugs when they did the re-calls beginning of last year, only have about 15-20 hours on them.

De-winterized the ski on Saturday, I noticed the little T-pipe connecting the valve cover breathers to the air box had melted, so I repalced it. First time out yesterday, ski ran great, then started to act up later in the day.

I'm hoping it's something simple like a vaccuum line.
    I tired new plugs and still the same issue. check your plugs and see if you got rust on them.

I didn't even think to throw my spare iridiums in to rule it out, I've had plug issues in the past and it was a totally different symptom, with it only stuttering on holeshot and fine everywhere else in the powerband. I'll pull them out tonight and take a look. Maybe my fogging oil from winterizing puked them.

Make sure the Plug wires are pushed down all the way onto the Plugs. Too, take a Q Tip and make sure the inside of the Spark Plug caps are clean

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Old gas?........

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Old gas?........

Ran it down to about 2-3 gallons last october, stabalized what was left and topped it off with 19 gallons of fresh 93 yesterday.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information