coolant line issue???

hey guys...did and search and didnt find what i was looking for.

2002 1200R..just got my ski started up for the first time yesterday after doing some mods over the winter (see sig). it started right up and i hooked up the water hose for cooling, let it run for 20 seconds, but water wouldnt come out of the pilot water outlets.

i did however get water coming out through the water inlet in the vein housing. im assuming that is normal.

i dont have very good water pressure at my house, so i am thinking that maybe there isnt enough pressure to fill all of the cooling lines, so it just goes down and out the water inlet?? anyone experience this before?

i never had any cooling issues last year, and i always had water coming out of the pilot spouts when i was on the lake. i cant see how a line could have gotten blocked just by sitting over the winter. any suggesstions or areas i should be checking? i looked over the work i performed and everything looked ok. thanks for your help.

+1
    Hey Slowimport...

That sounds normal, is your ski on the trailer and tilted up? That will affect the water coming out the pissers. Try flushing it with it leaning forward just a tad. Sometimes you get a little out of one side and not the other. Also it usually takes 45 seconds to over a min to get water out of both pissers. It should be fine, just when you take it to the lake, keep an eye on the pissers and make sure that there is water coming out of both. First you will see exhaust and then you can feel warm water if you put your hand to both sides at idle.

hey mike whats up bro?? i finally got those goodies installed that you sent me. ill let you know how it rides. anyways, ill give it a try again today. it is on the trailer and is slightly tilted up when hooked up to my truck, so ill remedy that. i didnt want to run it too long without knowing it was being cooled. thanks!

+1
    You will be happy when you fire this bad boy up for the first time this year.

When your flushing your ski and its hooked up to your hitch, your probably tilted just a bit with the nose of the ski a little higher. Then gravity takes over and all your water comes out the pump.

Keep me posted, I want to hear how your ski is running.

Thread Information