Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: High Oil

High Oil

I just bought an RXP and when i brought it home from the first time out i noticed that the oil level was above the bend in the dipstick. The oil is brand new and i was wondering if there is any way that i could syphon a little oil out to get it to the proper level. I have noticed the RPM's are a little low as well due to the oil most likely.

thanks
    Brian

You need to buy a pump to pump some out.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32

So there isnt any way to take just a little oil out. Cant i syphon it out from where you put the oil in. I would buy a pump if i was going to change all the oil but i wont be doing that for a little while and kinda dont have the money for one right now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brianf40us View Post
    So there isnt any way to take just a little oil out. Cant i syphon it out from where you put the oil in. I would buy a pump if i was going to change all the oil but i wont be doing that for a little while and kinda dont have the money for one right now.
    Buy the pump now. It will pay for itself the first time you change your own oil versus paying a dealer to do it.

...And welcome. --J

What does the pump run?

Another question SORRY!!!!!!!!

When i bought my jet ski it was over the winter and when i brought it home there was salt on the road and after i brought it home i noticed a white build up on the engine which was salt. It wouldnt hurt anything to just spray the engine compartment down with fresh water as long as i leave the seat open for it to dry.

+1
    What does the pump run?

When i bought my jet ski it was over the winter and when i brought it home there was salt on the road and after i brought it home i noticed a white build up on the engine which was salt. It wouldnt hurt anything to just spray the engine compartment down with fresh water as long as i leave the seat open for it to dry.
    i think $50 or $60, I think. I don't remember. Look in the store to the left "Order Parts"...then go to maintanence or search.

SeaDoo XPS spray the engine. After you spray it, wait a couple minutes, then wipe off residue. Then spray after every ride. Your engine will stay looking new! I think "Fluid Film" does the same thing. search the general discussions and you may can get a afree sample. --J

+1
    What does the pump run?

Brian,

This is the pump I ordered from the online store (here on this site...):

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=864

It is a quality part, well built and I highly recommend it. I'm not a shop or mod guy and was able to change my own oil on my two RXTs. Saved myself a couple of hundred $$ in the process. It will pay for itself.

When you make your purchase, look for the Bombardier XPS spray lube. It's not WD40 but a newb would consider it the same or for the same purpose. Remove the seat(s) from your ski, tilt it up from the front end and wash it out well w/a garden sprayer. Drain out as much as you can thru the bilge drain, then "fog" your engine liberally w/the XPS. Store it w/the seats off so that the compartment can dry out.

And welcome to the site...

were you following the procedure for checking oil level? you have to run the engine within a few seconds of checking the level.

+1
    you can wash out your engine compartment. you dont have to be gentle.
    wash EVERYTHING as thoroughly as you want, with a standrd garden nozzle. just make sure drain plugs are open.

The oil is right at the top bend in the dip stick when i check it with the engine a little warm. I just dont want to do any damage to the engine, but i dont think it is way over full but just a little.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information