Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SHO Fuel Reading

Hey guys, I want say first off I hope everyone had a great weekend, and secoundly I wanted to thank Jim for his work he did on my plate (3.4 mph gain)

Anyhow, I was out to the beach this weekend and My fuel reader got down to 2 lines, I figured after i beeps Ill head back to call it a day. It never beeped and It was on 2 lines for only about 45 mins, which in those 45 mins I did not do much of any riding, On my way back my ski was bugging out and it turned off and would not stay on. I figured it was fuel but could not understand why it did not prewarn me.

On my way home I Stoped put in 5 gallons of gas so when I washed my ski I could flush the motor.

I turned it on after I put gas and everything was fine. Any Ideas why it would not tell me it was on low gas??

Thanks for youe help and time,
    Manny

+1
    Probably an electrical issue. Is it still under warranty? If so take it to the dealer. If you don't want to do that, ride the gas out and see of it happens again. When the buzzer comes on you have almost 5 full gallons of gas left so it should have come on LONG before you ran out.

hmm... I really dont like taking it to the dealer.Just dont simply trust them actually taking care of my ski. But I guess im going to have to.

Thanks,
    Manny

When you engage Cruise or Wake mode does it beep? Just eliminating the buzzer if it does. I think it uses the same device for all of the beeps.....

Hmmm... Good idea. I cant remember since I never really use them. Im going to go check, I'll get back to you on that one.

Thanks,
    Manny

How rough was the water? Could your gas have been sloshing around enough that you were sucking air sometimes? Someone posted (think it was Rip?) that his SHO cut off during a hard turn when he was low on gas...

I doubt it because i was coming through a "Manatee Zone" once it started hapening. I was only able to get 100 yards until it turned off.

Manny

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    When you engage Cruise or Wake mode does it beep? Just eliminating the buzzer if it does. I think it uses the same device for all of the beeps.....
    Just finished Checking it out, The Beep Still works. I wish it could have been that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by YamaSHO View Post
    Just finished Checking it out, The Beep Still works. I wish it could have been that simple.
    That's alright, one thing we know it is not if the beeper then
    Unless there is more than one...

The two bars also flash when the beeper starts to beep. I know you only put in five gallons but you could have filled it up and seen how much fuel it was down. That would help figure out a fuel pick-up problem or a gauge (sender) problem.
    I bought a SHO this past Saturday and was riding it for about 30 minutes after the beeper went off and the bars flashing. I was waiting for the bars to disappear but they didn't. Glad I was close to the ramp when it started to sputter and starve for gas. It took 17.9 gallons at the pump.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information