Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Vac line on a R&D BOV

Does this line have to be hooked up the map sensor or can you cap it off at the BOV and not use the vac line as R&D suggested?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    Does this line have to be hooked up the map sensor or can you cap it off at the BOV and not use the vac line as R&D suggested?
    Map sensor? What does your map sensor have to do with installing a BOV?

+1
    That line operates the BOV. If you capped it off, the BOV would stay closed all the time.

Not sure I fully understand what you are asking but, you have to have the vacuum line and you also have to have the map sensor. the bov will not function without the vac line and the engine will not function without the map sensor. hope this helps.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar71 View Post
    Not sure I fully understand what you are asking but, you have to have the vacuum line and you also have to have the map sensor. the bov will not function without the vac line and the engine will not function without the map sensor. hope this helps.
    R&D told me that I could just cap it off at the BOV but alot of you guys say different. No telling who answered that phone call. I didnt buy the pressure port adaptor so I couldnt hook up the vac line. Could you just tee off the short hose running up to the map sensor or does the pressure port adaptor do something other than tee off that line, that Im not understanding? Thanks

+1
    R&D told me that I could just cap it off at the BOV but alot of you guys say different. No telling who answered that phone call. I didnt buy the pressure port adaptor so I couldnt hook up the vac line. Could you just tee off the short hose running up to the map sensor or does the pressure port adaptor do something other than tee off that line, that Im not understanding? Thanks
    The pressure port adaptor does exactly what you said, it tees the sensing line to the map sensor.

You need that line to operate the BOV! If you just cap it off it won't open when the throttle closes. When that line is at atmospgeric pressure or greater, it closes the BOV. When under a vacuum, it opens the BOV!

+1
    What everyone else has said is correct. Leave your map sensor alone. The engine managment system depends on it. You also need a vacuum line to operate a BOV. Maybe R&D meant is that you could just cap off the small nub (where the BOV would mount to their charge tube) and not run one (a BOV) at all. Not sure but I don't think they would have given you incorrect information. Must be a miscommunication.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bpnta View Post
    The pressure port adaptor does exactly what you said, it tees the sensing line to the map sensor.

You need that line to operate the BOV! If you just cap it off it won't open when the throttle closes. When that line is at atmospgeric pressure or greater, it closes the BOV. When under a vacuum, it opens the BOV!
    So can I use my own tee or do you have to use the PP adaptor? Thanks for the response too.

you can use your own t. make sure to clamp/ziptie them well you dont want them to come off...

+1
    We used our own tee, got a tee from a hardware shop that sold home irrigation systems fits nicely between sensor and manifold. Works great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information