Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to install hood latch RXP?

My RXP has no male end for the hood latch. The big hood, not the top lid. I have it, but for whatever reason, the previous owner took it off, and never put it back on.

What do I have to remove to put it back on the ski?

Thanks REG

Ok, feeling motivated today. LOL. I better find a way to do this before I lose my motivation.

I took off the 4 bolts holding the large steering box, but it still won't lift on the throttle side? Any one have a nice tutorial for me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image001.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	144554  

I am not so sure if this is the right part you are talking about. check the picture if it's a yes or no? concentrate on the second picture, the first one got cut

Name:	RXP 949.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	732.5 KB 
ID:	144661   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 185.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1,008.7 KB 
ID:	144662  

Thanks jammer
    Yep the second picture is the latch i mean. Underneath, there is a nut that it screws into. That nut seems to have gone MIA. So I need to know how to get the entire assembly off and apart to put some sort of nut and washer underneath it. I pulled the four nuts holding it down, but its still not accessible.

REG

+1

Quote Originally Posted by canadaxp View Post
    Thanks jammer
    Yep the second picture is the latch i mean. Underneath, there is a nut that it screws into. That nut seems to have gone MIA. So I need to know how to get the entire assembly off and apart to put some sort of nut and washer underneath it. I pulled the four nuts holding it down, but its still not accessible.

REG
    O K Bro, I haven't pulled one out yet, but I have to adjust mine as it gets loose from time to time. The way I figure it out Listen carefully. If you look in the picture starting from the base of the steering column you see a big flat washer then the "Nut". if you loosen that nut all the way up, you can loosen the main stem by applying an open wrench on the slot, ya can see it from the picture. I think once you do that you can take out the stem straight up. I think the stem is screwed in on that hard plastic. and what's keeping it locked up was the first nut on the bottom that I mention earlier. Everything is metric....damm Canadians Let me know if I made sense. The reason why you can't access it from under is I think it's a "Nut sert" type, meaning the "Nut" is embedded in the mold. Let me know, take pictures for other forum members

You're right on the nut underneath. I am pulling the steering cable off to see if I can get the entire box to lift and see from underneath what I am dealing with. For some reason, I don't think its going to help

Name:	SSPX0536.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	347.1 KB 
ID:	144842  

Quote Originally Posted by canadaxp View Post
    You're right on the nut underneath. I am pulling the steering cable off to see if I can get the entire box to lift and see from underneath what I am dealing with. For some reason, I don't think its going to help
    Good job on the picture! Now we can see and help you more accurately There's something wrong with that picture. what year is your RXP, did I missed it in the earlier post I have an '04 RXP and that picture looks different by looking at the hole. I don't have the square part in the hole. All I got is a single hole Keep us posted and I am glad your making progress Some forum members are still stuck on "THE VTS PROBLEM"

+1
    Jammer, I think you have a square hole, but it's under the round washer.. The ski's an 04

Reg.. jammer's square hole comment got me thinking.. What if the square bolt was pre-attached to the post, then it goes in the hole (square), then rotates to lock in place / keep from rotating.. That gives the pin a fairly solid bottom anchor point...???

Theres a possibility Dan. I'll see if I can find a square nut that will go thru the hole. If not, I think I may have to drill a hole in the side and reach up with a nut.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information