Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2006 RXP question..

I have been out of the PWC game for a while, then a couple of weeks ago I bought a 2006 RXP with low hours and have only got to take it out a couple of times. the lake that I ride in is very choppy and it porpoises bad a high speeds no matter where it is trimmed. Is there anything that I can do to make it stay in the water better. My friend has the RXT and has no problems.

+1

Smile

You might try a new intake grate. You are not going to get the ride that your friend gets. His ski is longer and heavier.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by bsc819 View Post
    I have been out of the PWC game for a while, then a couple of weeks ago I bought a 2006 RXP with low hours and have only got to take it out a couple of times. the lake that I ride in is very choppy and it porpoises bad a high speeds no matter where it is trimmed. Is there anything that I can do to make it stay in the water better. My friend has the RXT and has no problems.

There are some options but you'll never get the ride of an RXT on a RXP.

You can add;

Pump extension
    Ride plate extension
    Intake grate
    aftermarket sponsons

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    There are some options but you'll never get the ride of an RXT on a RXP.

You can add;

Pump extension
    Ride plate extension
    Intake grate
    aftermarket sponsons
    I thought that it would stay in the water better than it does. I know that it will never ride like the T but I figured it would be closer than it is. Of these add on parts which will make the biggest difference?

Banned User
    I thought that it would stay in the water better than it does. I know that it will never ride like the T but I figured it would be closer than it is. Of these add on parts which will make the biggest difference?
    I don't know if any are going to make a huge difference.. Anything you can do to lengthen the hull will make your ski hook up better but it's gonna cost you top speed.. The hull extension is marketed as "better hook-up" but i've heard they aren't worth the money but we ride flat river water so who knows??

+1
    does your ski maybe have a wedge??? any other known modifications????
    any other rxp you can ride for a comparison, evn ust for 2 minutes?? ask a stranger for a favor, i am sure they would swap skis for 2 minutes and watch you safely make a few high speed runs back and forth...
    where is you vts set at?

Of the bolt-on parts, which will make the biggest difference?

what about RE OPAS block offs?

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    I've been riding an 06 RXP for 3 years. It is fast, but I never win a race on top speed in 2-3 foot waves. Running grate/2.5 degree wedge, but I'm out of water more often and I lose hook up, but once the water calms down I usually make up for lost ground on the 3 seaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    I've been riding an 06 RXP for 3 years. It is fast, but I never win a race on top speed in 2-3 foot waves. Running grate/2.5 degree wedge, but I'm out of water more often and I lose hook up, but once the water calms down I usually make up for lost ground on the 3 seaters.
    That is true, I guess the 2 seater makes up for it when you literally blow past the 3 seaters when the water is calmer. It just beat the hell out of me on Monday, I am still going to try and add some of the stuff mentioned to make it a little bit better. And the VTS made no difference, but it was very choppy. It was Memorial day and Im sure it wont be quite that busy very often this year.

+1
    RACE ENGINEERING OPAS BLOCKOFFS are your answer. I have been riding my friends bone stock 06 RXP a few times lately and I can't even get it to stop porpoising at full speed on glass water. I have 4.5 degrees of pump wedge and don't porpoise at 75+ with my RXP and the only difference is RE blockoffs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information