Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!

Weird hull leak on 2000XP

This weekend was my first ride of the year...sad huh? I left the ski in the water overnight, and the next day the battery was dead (I knew it was failing), but the hull was also full of water. When I hooked up the booster to pump all the water out, when the bilge pump ran water was siphoning in through a baler tube up above where the shock is located. I didn't disassemble in the water, but it would only siphon when the bilge pump was on.

Anyone ever had this happen before? I suspect a check valve is cracked above, just wanted to share a stange phenomonon...LOL

Also, as it was turning 7200, I was going to make a pass that morning. When the water and battery problem cropped up I shifted seating positions on the dock and mistakenly kicked my Garmin Nuvi into the lake. That was a quick $300...she was still powered up underwater though...

+1
    screw the ski I hope you dove in for the Garmin

The bailer tubes do route up near the shock, you can access them my removing the seat and popping off the large rubber seal that gives acces to the fuel tank hoses. Also are both OEM bailer tubes still in the exit venturi?

TLR

Yes Tim, I dove in and went 5' deep with my vest on! How do you think I knew the display was still working?

Yes, both baler tubes are in the venturi.

I told you it was weird...

+1
    AH HAHA I thought you just watched the Garmin slowly desend into the aligator infested swamp you ride in LOL

ok another idea is the bilge pump's hose is suppossed to be routed up also around the shock area, accessed thru the same fuel tank hole if need be. How about that you have a hole way up high(in the bilge hose) and it's the water that's actually pumping out, spraying into the hull. I say pull that bilge exit hose and inspect the accordian folds. That would also account for water coming into the hull when sitting overnight as the exit hole is sometimes under water and made itself a siphon

TLR

+1
    Both systems are not related to each other unless they are hooked up incorrectly. Yes has to be a leak in the bilge outlet pipe.

Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    This weekend was my first ride of the year...sad huh? I left the ski in the water overnight, and the next day the battery was dead (I knew it was failing), but the hull was also full of water. When I hooked up the booster to pump all the water out, when the bilge pump ran water was siphoning in through a baler tube up above where the shock is located. I didn't disassemble in the water, but it would only siphon when the bilge pump was on.

Anyone ever had this happen before? I suspect a check valve is cracked above, just wanted to share a stange phenomonon...LOL

Also, as it was turning 7200, I was going to make a pass that morning. When the water and battery problem cropped up I shifted seating positions on the dock and mistakenly kicked my Garmin Nuvi into the lake. That was a quick $300...she was still powered up underwater though...

this is what you get for rubbing it in on me the other day

i kid, i don't wish bad luck apon anyone... what were you doing with a nuvi on a ski!!!! shoulda got a etrex and a RAM mount, and came out ahead...

did you check to makesure that bailer tube wasn't cracked anywhere???

Quote Originally Posted by mongorunner View Post
    this is what you get for rubbing it in on me the other day

i kid, i don't wish bad luck apon anyone... what were you doing with a nuvi on a ski!!!! shoulda got a etrex and a RAM mount, and came out ahead...

did you check to makesure that bailer tube wasn't cracked anywhere???
    Ha ha! I know that's what I get.

I have a Garmin X12 or something that I normally use to make passes with, but it sometimes shuts down from lack of battery connection and bouncing. Which makes it a pain to have to reboot and wait. My Nuvi on the other hand works flawless and is easier to read. Remember, it never made it on the ski. I was sitting on my knees/feet on the dock hooking up the jumper box, and when I changed seating positions, my foot hooked it and kicked it into the lake.

I'll check the baler tube, as I haven't done so yet.

Thread Information