Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gp1200r help please!

Alright, I bought a 2001 Gp1200R about a month ago. After a short test ride I thought I had a pretty good deal. Yesterday it turned into a death ski. The throttle stuck in a crowded area on the most crowded boat day of the year. I posted something about the sticky throttle yesterday. Ive been reading that these GPR's are notorious for this. I took off the swivel plate that holds the throttle cable and oil injection cable. Today I went to check my oil injection cable to find that it was totally frozen. I pulled the cable and it wont move for anything. Has anyone ever seen this happen? Any suggestions? For now I just want to put the cables back on like they were. If this is a hard problem to fix I have considered an oil block off kit.

I am totally new to this ski stuff so any thing will help.
    Thanks, Jerry

Did I post this in the wrong place? Cant get any replies .

oil cable siezed?
    throttle stuck wide open?

sounds like this will be just the start, sounds very much like a ski not looked after very well.

the throttles can stick due to the pivot shaft in a carb sticking, or can be from a corroded throttle cable.

anything is possible if the ski has not had proper maintenance.

The throttle cable is working fine now. It only gets sticky when it is hot. For now my oil injection able is stuck and will not move.

I would remove the oil injection & go premix but if you really want to keep it remove it & inspect everything & replace whats faulty if you need some oil injection parts let me know i have heaps of them just cover shipping.

But no ideas on why this thing would just lock up over night from being disconnected? It worked fine before I took it off...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GP1200 R View Post
    But no ideas on why this thing would just lock up over night from being disconnected? It worked fine before I took it off...
    First download a service manual so you can see the diagram of how the oil injection cable works, it is not stuck it is just not on the cable guide properly. Second if you do not get an answer to a question in 15 minutes please refrain from asking again. Third if you have one thread already on this subject keep the topic in that thread so people don't get confused. Oh yeah welcome to the forum!!

Sorry about that... Im just really frustrated and scared that I got ripped off. I found the service manual on cajundude.com but i didn't see what you were talking about or how to get it back on the cable guide. Thanks for your reply I hope to hear back from you.

Once you get the manual look under Fuel System/Oil Pump to get a better understanding of the setup.

Just want to ride.
    +1

Recall

Wasn't there a recall for this EXACT thing?

My 2 1300rs had to go in for replacement cables under recall from Yamaha, due to the possibility of this happening.

Did the person you bought this from get that taken care of? I'm guessing not. Might want to call your local dealer, give them the Hull ID #, and they should be able to tell you if this needs to be done - then they will fix it, free......

Good luck,
    Sean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information