Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    dduck dduck1628's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St Augustine FL
    Posts
    623

    Stock ECU, 2Rude, 50ís,RRFPR Oil diluted with fuel

    Question for you guys running 50s with the stock ECU and the Rude rrfpr. I played around with this setup and ended up setting my rrfpr to a max fuel pressure of 58psi will running at peek RPM/boost.. That was at 8130 RPM @ 13psi of boost. I understand that with this set up that the only adjustment is for WOT fuel ratio and the idle and midrange fall where they may. I donít recall exactly what the base pressure was, but it idled at around 40psi, so base pressure was probably close to 50psi. I do know for certain that with my LM-1, I adjusted to a Fuel Ratio of 11.8 @ 58psi WOT. I also recall idle Fuel Ratio was around 10.5 -1. Engine seemed to run flawlessly except for one thing. The engine oil became dilution with gas! Now I didnít run this setup long. You can see in my signature that Iím now running a dual regulator setup so that I can run my fuel pressure lower at low engine speeds and eliminate the rich idle. Have any of you guys running the stock ECU, RRFPR and 50s notice you oil level creeping up? Fuel dilution problems? My oil level moved form mid level to over the fuel mark within 4 tanks of fuel. While I donít run this setup anymore I donít want anyone, especially the ones I know to dump their hard earned money into this setup and have a problem. I spend a lot of time idling and running at slow speeds. I mean a lot. More than likely that is why I had this issue. I suppose if I were running hard all the time this wouldnít have happened. Anyone else notice this? I know some that want to run a bigger SC with the stock ECU. Maybe this setup is not going to work out for those of us who spend a lot of time in no wake zones. Again, any one else have this problem?


  2. #2
    dhoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Aurora, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    3,182
    +1
    6
    Is your catch can getting any fuel/funk in it?

  3. #3
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by dduck1628 View Post
    Question for you guys running 50s with the stock ECU and the Rude rrfpr. I played around with this setup and ended up setting my rrfpr to a max fuel pressure of 58psi will running at peek RPM/boost.. That was at 8130 RPM @ 13psi of boost. I understand that with this set up that the only adjustment is for WOT fuel ratio and the idle and midrange fall where they may. I donít recall exactly what the base pressure was, but it idled at around 40psi, so base pressure was probably close to 50psi. I do know for certain that with my LM-1, I adjusted to a Fuel Ratio of 11.8 @ 58psi WOT. I also recall idle Fuel Ratio was around 10.5 -1. Engine seemed to run flawlessly except for one thing. The engine oil became dilution with gas! Now I didnít run this setup long. You can see in my signature that Iím now running a dual regulator setup so that I can run my fuel pressure lower at low engine speeds and eliminate the rich idle. Have any of you guys running the stock ECU, RRFPR and 50s notice you oil level creeping up? Fuel dilution problems? My oil level moved form mid level to over the fuel mark within 4 tanks of fuel. While I donít run this setup anymore I donít want anyone, especially the ones I know to dump their hard earned money into this setup and have a problem. I spend a lot of time idling and running at slow speeds. I mean a lot. More than likely that is why I had this issue. I suppose if I were running hard all the time this wouldnít have happened. Anyone else notice this? I know some that want to run a bigger SC with the stock ECU. Maybe this setup is not going to work out for those of us who spend a lot of time in no wake zones. Again, any one else have this problem?
    This is a very common problem when running in the mid 10s at idle and spending alot of time idleing. Anyone idleing in the mid 10s should be changing there oil every 10 hrs or so IMO. The duel regs or rude fuel controller works good for solving this issue.

  4. #4
    dduck dduck1628's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St Augustine FL
    Posts
    623
    Yes. I drain it into a spray paint can top after every ride and got the normal amount. Would only get little if any out of it. I initially thought that there was something wrong with it. Took it off and made sure the drain wasn't clogged. It was all good.

  5. #5
    dduck dduck1628's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St Augustine FL
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    This is a very common problem when running in the mid 10s at idle and spending alot of time idleing. Anyone idleing in the mid 10s should be changing there oil every 10 hrs or so IMO. The duel regs or rude fuel controller works good for solving this issue.
    Thanks Speedskixp. I was discussing this with a fellow member that I rode with. He's planning on some upgrades and I remembered the oil dilution problem. Last thing I want to do is recommend a setup that may give him or anyone else a problem since he idles as much as I do. Appreciate your response.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    2,677
    +1
    24
    ITS DOG TIME

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    2,677
    +1
    24
    You guys need to slow down and wait for me.todd

  8. #8
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Todd View Post
    You guys need to slow down and wait for me.todd
    23 min is'nt long enough?.....

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    2,677
    +1
    24
    NO I NEED ALOT MORE TIME MR SPEEDYMY SKI ONLY RUNS 72.3 ON THE FUEL BUZZER AND FULL HANDIECAP SUPERMAN.THESE GUYS ARE ALWAYS PICKING ON ME

  10. #10
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    3,682
    +1
    1
    I still think 50s are too big for the stock ecu. My ski with 42s runs rough under 3000 rpms from being too rich.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 42/50 injectors, RRFPR, stock ecu ?s
    By codymouse54321 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 11:13 AM
  2. Rude Charger with stock ecu and intercooler.
    By aussie rxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 08:49 AM
  3. Riva, RR SC with stock ECU
    By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 07:07 AM
  4. I just tested my stock ECU with the 15/20
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 03:49 PM
  5. Can you run the IC with the stock ECU
    By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 08:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •