Depth finder mounting

I've been using my waverunner as a poor mans fishing boat for a few months now and enjoying every minute of it. I had a handheld GPS but it got soaked this weekend. I'm looking for feedback and any input on setups from people that have used a GPS and depth finder on their PWC. What are you guys using and what has worked. Thanks

+1
    I wanna go fishing from my ski too. Can you post any pics of how you set up your gear to go fishing? I have to get a fishing license. Sorry this post has nothing to do with depth finders, lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedrush View Post
    I've been using my waverunner as a poor mans fishing boat for a few months now and enjoying every minute of it. I had a handheld GPS but it got soaked this weekend. I'm looking for feedback and any input on setups from people that have used a GPS and depth finder on their PWC. What are you guys using and what has worked. Thanks

My step-dad added one to his RXT and had Sea-Doo program it through the computer but we still cannot get it to work. We ride on a lake where the water is not very clear but at any rate, it wont even work in shallow clear water.

I'm in the keys for another week but will post pictures when I get back to real life. Basically I have a pole holder mounted on one side as backup, and then strap my speargun into the footwell on one side and fins on the other. Fish hang off the back end of the footwell so bigger fish can just drag straight off the back into the water. I;ll post pics later.

+1
    i've installed depth finders from norcross marine. they are the hawkeye brand. you must get the ones in the new packages that are in card board boxes. if you order from norcross marine electronics they will defintely get you the up to date model. i used that set up with a garmin street marine gps 276c model mounted directly to the flip up storage. also you can put a 12 volt socket in the glove box to keep the gps charging. i will be getting pictures soon. the depth finders in the yamaha have to be placed in the rear near the battery where the hull is on the single layer because the transducers will not shoot thru the dual liner. i've also flushed mounted a humming-bird small depth finder on the flip up storage lid. the storage lids are the best spot to mount the pieces because if you don't like it or have to sell the ski the storage lids cost like $50.

Thanks for the info. Could you post pictures if you have any.

Thread Information