RXT dipstick level

Had dealer service my 06' RXT and the oil dipstick reads about 3/16 to 1/4 inch over the high mark warm 30 seconds after engine off.........
    It's not running poorly or smoking , but I have heard the level is critical .
    Will I foul plugs eventually ? Should I suck a little out to get it under the high mark on stick ?

When checking the oil level the ski needs to be perfectly level. I have found idling around the marina and then checking the oil with the ski on the water to be the best method. Ride the ski, let it idle 30 seconds, turn it off and wait 30 seconds, check oil. Remove some oil asnd do the process again until the level is between the two dip stick marks.

+1
    If checking on the water is inconvenient try this at home: Level craft on driveway using a carpenter's level on the rub rail. Hook up garden hose to flush kit mount and warm engine up. REMEMBER: Hook up hose, start engine, turn water on. To stop engine: Turn water off, disconnect hose, turn water off. Never turn your water on before starting the engine. You can let the craft idle while hooked up to the hose sufficient enough to warm the engine & oil up. Never idle longer than 5 minutes as you may warp the ride plate. I do mine for 4, then disconnect and shut off. Check oil, and if high remove as necessary.

oil level

Thanks guys, I'll try it again a few times in the marina where it's parked .
    I'll suck a little out if it's high , nothing more of a bummer than fouled plugs with a hot blonde on the back .........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jvaski View Post
    Thanks guys, I'll try it again a few times in the marina where it's parked .
    I'll suck a little out if it's high , nothing more of a bummer than fouled plugs with a hot blonde on the back .........
    I see you're new to the site... welcome. I think there is an unofficial rule that states: You cannot mention words like "hot blonde" without attaching a jpeg... get w/the program. LOL

oil level

how are your rpms that should say something too

Thread Information