2002 LX 2000 1 Engine Cuts Out at High Speed - Drivers Side Engine HELP PLEASE

Pulled the cards - clean as a whistle - Boat has less than 50 hours on it. Problem started last year when the passenger side engine would not stay running it would choke and stall. Took the boat our of the water, changed fuel filters on both engines and now the other engine stalls and sounds different when it runs. While the boat is out of the water the only thing that is different is that the drivers side engine sounds quieter when it runs and it has higher pitch sound to it. It never cuts out out of the water when it is not loaded. Once in the water, once it plains out it chokes and eventually stalls. I pulled the carbs and they were very clean considering they are 7 years old. I should polint out that this boat is a garage queen it gets used on holidays only and less than 10 times per year. I'm at a loss and dont want to pay my local stealer $1000 to fix it. What can be possibly wrong with this boat???

Please help

Thank You

Dan

Your carbs could still be bad. The rubber & plastic parts still wear out and lose there properties. With is going on you might not get as much fuel to the engine cause it to cut out and seize the engine. Do a compression check too but it sounds like carbs.

Did you ever find out what the problem was? I have teh same boat and the same problem.

+1
    Most likely carbs. Did you disassemble them and inspect them? Or just look down the throats? Other things to look at include: fuel tank pickup, fitting on top of fuel tank, fuel selector (On-Off) valve. Your kill switches under the jet pump cleanout hatch may also be out of adjustment. A compression test would also be a good idea.

You might also post your question at: http://yamahajetboaters.com

2003 with the same problems

Quote Originally Posted by dejanat View Post
    Pulled the cards - clean as a whistle - Boat has less than 50 hours on it. Problem started last year when the passenger side engine would not stay running it would choke and stall. Took the boat our of the water, changed fuel filters on both engines and now the other engine stalls and sounds different when it runs. While the boat is out of the water the only thing that is different is that the drivers side engine sounds quieter when it runs and it has higher pitch sound to it. It never cuts out out of the water when it is not loaded. Once in the water, once it plains out it chokes and eventually stalls. I pulled the carbs and they were very clean considering they are 7 years old. I should polint out that this boat is a garage queen it gets used on holidays only and less than 10 times per year. I'm at a loss and dont want to pay my local stealer $1000 to fix it. What can be possibly wrong with this boat???

Please help

Thank You

Dan

Did you ever find out what the problem was or is??
    Looked in the tank and that was fine. Going into the carbs tonight

This is going to hurt!! DANGER1049's Avatar
    yeah i have a friends LX 210 . Runs great for about 10 -min. It has 2 2stroke engines. Runs like a champ just for a bit then goes to shit. its driving me up the wall

+1
    Could be an exhaust leak filling the engine compartment with fumes. Also check venting on the fuel tank.

+1
    I just came across this.......it's an old post but if anyone is having a problem like this I have something to check.

i had a similar problem....on my LX210.....boat ran like a dream and then all of a sudden one engine would just chop and quit at a certain rpm...like 6-6200 or something. Run all day at 1-5900 and you'd have no problem.

as it turned out the Group K electric fuel pump went bad.....it was the single pump set up which I don't think is a good idea. It takes the dual feed into a single line to the pump and then back out to a dual set up......a bottleneck in the system.

well it works ok when the pump is operational but when the pump fails now two engine pumps are trying to draw fuel through a single line and it just won't work....fuel starvation occurs. I re did the work and installed two separate electric fuel pumps switched from the dash. That way I can just use the pumps to prime the engine and during low fuel operation....not all the time.

Thread Information