+1

1996 Polaris SLX 780 parts being discontinued!

I am in the process of rebuilding my SLX and I having trouble getting "cheaper non Polaris direct parts" I have been told by many dealers that some after market companies are dropping these parts. I believe Polaris is keeping them still but for how long I do not know. This is a heads up to people with these ski's, you might want to stock up! If you dont believe me, start calling around. Im sure if one company drops the line then the others will soon follow. So this is just a heads up. Check around and see what you come up with.

+1
    Yea this is nothing new..We all have known this for the past idk...atleast 5 years. You will be fine, you can still buy most of the major components. An if you can you can deffinatly fine it here. For the most part you can get the mechanical stuff, its the cosmetic stuff that is a bitch.. Just change it up an upgrade it. My 95 slt750 looks nothing like it did back in the day!

The Auto Industry has to keep parts for 7 yrs past the last date of production for a specific model, I think that polaris follows the same rules.

+1
    The company that is dropping the parts is "Parts Unlimited" just so everyone knows. Polaris will still be holding on to part for awhile.

I did not know this has been happening for some time, it is new to me. It is in regard to new parts, I needed an all new top end which is no longer being offered from Parts Unlimited. GreenHulk is one of the best forums out there and THE BEST for PWC's everything can always be found here but 99% with older ski's it's going to be used not new.

Xplayyer upgrading is in all of our dreams lol

+1
    There's always e-bay for pistons or you can get them from here too.http://catalog.wps-inc.com/wpsonline...50012599761273 Almost just like parts unltd.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    WSM and Wisco still makes polaris pistons,I highly doubt they would stop when they provide alot to the people. I can see some of the big parts distributors not stocking stuff that doesn't turn around fast but the smaller guys will still carry them since they need all the sales they can get.Same with the gasket companies.

+1
    Ok dis-regard the thread lol

Thread Information