Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

new to the board, just bought a waveraider

Hows it going?
    i just bought a 94 waveraider, and like i do with everything, i searched and found a forum. so i picked up this 94 waveraider for $425. its not running, the previous owner said it was not used much, and always very well maintained. it was then winterized in 2003, and has just been sitting till i picked it up today. i have not tried starting it, it needs a battery, and i dont want to fire it up and have it blow up.

i have 2 yamaha banshees that i do all of the work on them myself, so im pretty familiar with 2 stroke motors. im thinking of eliminating the oil injection, i really dont like running something like that which can fail and i wont know. i have had a water pump fail on a banshee, and it was a major PITA. i now run temp gauges on my bikes. so i dont mind mixing gas, so i guess its better to just run the raider on premix. is anything needed to remove the injection, and does it feed into the engine anywhere else?

i live in nyc, so i will be running this thing pretty much only in salt water. is there a specific adapter to connect the cooling system to a hose, or are they generic? i want to fire it up before putting it in the water. my ski came with a clymers manual, i will have to start reading that tomorrow. sorry for all the qustions, this is my first watercraft of any kind. anyway, here are a few pics of my new baby, what do you guys think? i cant wait to get it on the water!

sweet bro, what part of ny?? deff would go premix that oil pump is like 14 years old, that was first to go for me

+1
    i live in manhattan, but i keep all my toys up in new rochelle. im thinking this thing had to have had some major overhaul before it was put away in 03, like all the hoses and everything on the motor look mint. what part of jerz r u from?

central, matawan new jersey...im over there like once a month..yeah i can tell by the pictures its in great shap for its situation..

+1
    cool, are a lot of people on this board from the tristate? i dont know anyone with jet skis, im gonna have to find some people to ride with. everyone i know is into quads mostly

nahh not really, the jersey guys hang out at eastcoastpwc.net becarful those guys get pretty crazy

+1
    bro so to kill oil injection, just remove the pump all hoses etc that go with it, and put a plate in its place? when running premix, do you still run the outboard injector oil? or wouldi run something like yamalube 2R? i have to premix it in a can and then pour it in the ski?

get the plate. .. remove the hoses and put caps on the nipples or better yet ,use them for primer feeds( if it doent have this already)...wire up the sensor on the oil float and you can leave the tank there or remove it entirely..

do as you would with a atv that has sat for some time.. replace the fuel, check the filters... remove the plugs, fog the engine ect ,ect,..

it looks pretty clean outside ,where it was covered (use a enamel wax or polishing compound on the dull area's).... same drill,clean it just as you would the atv's... wash that interior with a 'purple stuff' mix (OPEN YOUR DRAINS) and then use a good spray oil (your choice, I like CRC 656 marine ) spray everything down..then wipe up the drips and exess..

oil... get the type recomended for pwc (outboard will work in a pinch but its formulated differently) your choice to brand ..just get a proven oil brand... expect to pay 18.00 to 24.00 a gallon..

PREMIX in the can is best..

the flush system on that is still pretty universal, a hose and cap.. unless it has a specific style YAMI or aftermarket push in type.. (post a picture)...did you get the end from the preivious owner?

IMO, clymer is good .. o/e manual is best and the seloc is the next best to have.

go over that ski and figure out what it may have for go fast parts already.. with the stickers I'd assume a solas impeller and possibly a grate .. plate looks stock and also the head.. could be shaved so do a compression check and let us know the #'s!

oh ,great find and WELCOME TO OLD SCHOOL!!

+1
    One of the fastest lower powered hulls out there. A very respectable ski my friend even in stock form. I love the famous "purple hull".

M

+1
    i guess it does have a flush kit on it, seems like this will just attatch to a garden hose. to add a primer, i can just use the hoses that were connected to the oil pump? that makes it seem much easier to install. this ski has mikuni carbs right? i found this primer kit at parker yamaha, what do you think? im going to get an oem manual, i do like them better than clymers. oil sensor wires connected would shut the warning off? im going to order the block off and the primer, and go pick up a battery. only other problem is the steering cable, it was completely frozen when i got it, but i got it moving now, it just gets stuck when turned all the way right or left. its sticking at the back by the jet, maybe i need a new cable.

when i connect a battery, should the display turn on? does the gauge have an engine hours meter? when i connect a hose to this thing to run it, should i turn the water on all the way? water on then start or start then turn on water? sorry for all the quesitons lol im a PWC NOOOOOb
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/primerkitforpwc.aspx

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information