Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

4" Air Intake Filter Question

OK... here's my situation

I recently installed a home made 4" aluminum front intake with silicone couplers. The intake is pretty much a replica of the riva 3" however it's made of aluminum with silicone couplers. I used a 3"-4" 90 degree coupler fromt he SCer to the intake.

I purchased a Spectre Fibre 4" Air filter on ebay and that was mounted up by the gas tank.

Now here's the issue... I am still on the stock ECU and was running 7700-7750 RPM's all day on Sunday. On Monday I had a hunch that the filter I purchased was too restrictive, so I ran without it and ran 8100 all day long.

So now my question is... what is the best 4" filter? I was looking at the 4" Riva Flame arrestor for the ultra 250 in the store. I am thinking that might work. looking for opinions from those who use it?

Here is another idea i had, Taking a piece of Flow Rite material and putting it over the end of the intake. Attaching it with a a 1-2" wide piece of a silicone adapter and T-Bolting that down so that the SCer doesn't suck the Flow rite material in. Any opinions on this?

I am just worried about the SCer sucking an object or water into it and destroying it.

We've used that Ultra 250 filter from Riva on the end of Kanaflex on some X models with good results.

- Armin

Quote Originally Posted by 04RXP22 View Post
    I purchased a Spectre Fibre 4" Air filter on ebay and that was mounted up by the gas tank.
    Did you buy the Spectre 9735 stainless? It does not have a fiber cone and is totally unrestrictive... The flo rite works okay too...
    http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-9735-F.../dp/B000BPUU2M

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Did you buy the Spectre 9735 stainless? It does not have a fiber cone and is totally unrestrictive... The flo rite works okay too...
    http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-9735-F.../dp/B000BPUU2M

No I didn't Larry... That's where I made my mistake.

I'm running a K&N 6" long on kanaflex 8040 rpm no problem.Theres a ton of 4" K&N's out there straight and tepered just pick by size and get the biggest that you have space for.By the way I picked up 100 rpm from riva 3". Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Del's Watercraft View Post
    I'm running a K&N 6" long on kanaflex 8040 rpm no problem.Theres a ton of 4" K&N's out there straight and tepered just pick by size and get the biggest that you have space for.By the way I picked up 100 rpm from riva 3". Good luck
    Just be sure to get one without a cloth or paper filter. Get a stainless screen type for no restriction.

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    No I didn't Larry... That's where I made my mistake.
    Hey dude, can you post a picture of what you have installed?? I have the Riva 3" on mine with a K&N on the filter side - but I am going to have to swap it out with a 4" so that the X-Charger can breath properly with the 42# injectors.

Wanted to see what you have installed....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BartenderSmalley View Post
    Hey dude, can you post a picture of what you have installed?? I have the Riva 3" on mine with a K&N on the filter side - but I am going to have to swap it out with a 4" so that the X-Charger can breath properly with the 42# injectors.

Wanted to see what you have installed....

+1 I want to see how to build one my self

+1
    tim i told you the 4" Airaid and Prefilter combo i run doesnt make a diff in RPMs.... stop being cheap and order one from me!!!!

I recently installed a home made 4" aluminum front intake with silicone couplers. The intake is pretty much a replica of the riva 3" however it's made of aluminum with silicone couplers. I used a 3"-4" 90 degree coupler fromt he SCer to the intake.

Now here's the issue... I am still on the stock ECU and was running 7700-7750 RPM's all day on Sunday. On Monday I had a hunch that the filter I purchased was too restrictive, so I ran without it and ran 8100 all day long.

So now my question is... what is the best 4" filter? I was looking at the 4" Riva Flame arrestor for the ultra 250 in the store. I am thinking that might work. looking for opinions from those who use it?

Here is another idea i had, Taking a piece of Flow Rite material and putting it over the end of the intake. Attaching it with a a 1-2" wide piece of a silicone adapter and T-Bolting that down so that the SCer doesn't suck the Flow rite material in. Any opinions on this?

I am just worried about the SCer sucking an object or water into it and destroying it.
    i have the spectre filter you need for sale pm me.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information