+1

Outside air temp sensor

If someone has an outside air temp sensor laying around I need some help. If there is a part number stamped or cast into the sensor I would like to know what it is. I didnt get a sensor with a ll of the stuff for my conversion, but would like to get one without paying SeaDoos price for it. The OEM part number does nothing for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, this is on an 05 if it makes any difference.

+1
    Can you use the lake temp sensor it is also two wire?

+1
    It is a 2 wire also, but the ohm value of the sensors are different I believe. The outside air temp sensor values are 200-2K ohms. Plus, I would like to find a sensor with the correct plug. I know Im being picky. I have already found an aftermarket sensor for the cooland and exhaust temp sensor that is MUCH cheaper than the OEM one, so I thought I would try to do the same with this one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsntx View Post
    It is a 2 wire also, but the ohm value of the sensors are different I believe. The outside air temp sensor values are 200-2K ohms. Plus, I would like to find a sensor with the correct plug. I know Im being picky. I have already found an aftermarket sensor for the cooland and exhaust temp sensor that is MUCH cheaper than the OEM one, so I thought I would try to do the same with this one.
    Jeff, let me know if you find a cheap air sensor. I dont have one on my rxp as i figured i could do without for the cost of oem. I forgot to remove my stock one when i sold my hood and bought another hood.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Jeff, let me know if you find a cheap air sensor. I dont have one on my rxp as i figured i could do without for the cost of oem. I forgot to remove my stock one when i sold my hood and bought another hood.
    I will let you know as soon as I can figure something out. Someone out there has to have a sensor that they can look at for me. If there are no numbers on the sensor itself, if someone can take a good picture of the connector on the sensor, I may be able to find something.

Thread Information