New 2008 gti se otd?

Anybody bought a new 2008 GTI SE under the 5-year warranty promotion recently? After doing a fair amount of reseach on this website decided to go with a GTI-SE for my first ski. I was tempted by the larger horsepower models but it ultimately seemed like a bit of overkill as the lake I'll be using it on is only 600 acres.

Dealer quoted $15,200 out the door for 2 of the 130hp models, including galvanized tandem trailer, 5-year warranty and covers. OTD price would be $16,800 if I went with the 155hp model. Anybody have a sense if these are reasonable prices?

Hoping to pick up before May 31 to take advantage of the warranty promotion but don't necessarily need to buy that quickly if people think promotions will continue to get better.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oneski View Post
    Anybody bought a new 2008 GTI SE under the 5-year warranty promotion recently? After doing a fair amount of reseach on this website decided to go with a GTI-SE for my first ski. I was tempted by the larger horsepower models but it ultimately seemed like a bit of overkill as the lake I'll be using it on is only 600 acres.

Dealer quoted $15,200 out the door for 2 of the 130hp models, including galvanized tandem trailer, 5-year warranty and covers. OTD price would be $16,800 if I went with the 155hp model. Anybody have a sense if these are reasonable prices?

Hoping to pick up before May 31 to take advantage of the warranty promotion but don't necessarily need to buy that quickly if people think promotions will continue to get better.
    If they are staying at the 600 acre lake, then you don't need the trailer. If you plan on riding these in places other than the 600 acre pond, then I would get as much HP as possible. Try asking how many people have upgraded from lower/smaller HP skis to bigger/faster/stronger skies.

Have fun on whatever you choose and let us know what you decide.

...and welcome to the forum. --Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy. I'll likely stay on the lake but will still need the trailer to pull the skis out and store over the winter as I'm located up in NH. Sounds like the 155hp would be the better option.

GTI SE 155
    Out the door w/ trailer price seems excellent to me, as long as these are the SE models.
    I have a 155, a friend has the 130. I might have 2-3 MPH on him at the top end; acceleration seems about the same. I'd stay with the 130s for the money saved.
    If you want real speed, you'd be better off buyng a RXT, GTX 215, ect. as leftover 2008 models. There are some great deals out there now. But that doesn't seem to be your need.

I'm looking for this kind of thing too...

I am a new buyer of a jetski and am looking for something like oneski is looking for...maybe buying two for my lake - its not huge maybe 1000 acres or so. Any suggestions on what kind of prices people are looking at? I want to try to stay under $10K...Thoughts?

Thread Information