Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

First Time Sea Doo Owner 04 RXP

So I finally bought a 04 RXP with 21 hours on it last Friday. I have been working on them for ever but by no means an expert. Foggy has taught me a lot, but this board is crazy full of information!!

I am in the middle of pulling my S/C off and sending to Jerry. Unless some one on here has one that is all ready "beefed" up that they want to sell me!?! I am trying to get my post count up to post a WTB in the classifieds section.

I was also considering doing the "Green" Wheel while the S/C is apart. Would I be ok with adding the 1-2 Lbs of boost with it being basically stock? As far as stock injectors and right now stock intake?

While I have it apart I went ahead and pulled my pump. Blade and wear ring are trashed! So I got a 14/19 Solas and new wear ring on the way. Hoping this fixes my cavitation out of the hole.

Doing the normal maintenace on it at this time as well. Spark Plugs, Oil, coolant, fresh gas.. etc..

Also, the reverse does not work so I ordered a new cable and hope this fixes the issue.

As money permits I want to do some sort of intake. I see that most guys start out with a 3" intake but most go to a 4". Should I just start out with a 4" and be done with it?

Also, my sponsons are pretty much white from the boat sitting in the water. So I want to do some aftermarket sponsons eventually.

And the O.P.A.S block off plates. I have heard a few different theories on these. Should I go with the PROS for the extra $200?

I have posted a few pics of the progress.

Thanks for any advice you guys can give me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boat Garage.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	605.8 KB 
ID:	133734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EC 1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	456.1 KB 
ID:	133735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EC 2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	449.1 KB 
ID:	133736   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EC No SC.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	446.8 KB 
ID:	133737   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rxp no seat.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	613.1 KB 
ID:	133738   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wear Ring.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	516.1 KB 
ID:	133740  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blade in pump.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	588.3 KB 
ID:	133741  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tiddy2005 View Post
    So I finally bought a 04 RXP with 21 hours on it last Friday. I have been working on them for ever but by no means an expert. Foggy has taught me a lot, but this board is crazy full of information!!

I am in the middle of pulling my S/C off and sending to Jerry. Unless some one on here has one that is all ready "beefed" up that they want to sell me!?! I am trying to get my post count up to post a WTB in the classifieds section.

I was also considering doing the "Green" Wheel while the S/C is apart. Would I be ok with adding the 1-2 Lbs of boost with it being basically stock? As far as stock injectors and right now stock intake?

While I have it apart I went ahead and pulled my pump. Blade and wear ring are trashed! So I got a 14/19 Solas and new wear ring on the way. Hoping this fixes my cavitation out of the hole.

Doing the normal maintenace on it at this time as well. Spark Plugs, Oil, coolant, fresh gas.. etc..

Also, the reverse does not work so I ordered a new cable and hope this fixes the issue.

As money permits I want to do some sort of intake. I see that most guys start out with a 3" intake but most go to a 4". Should I just start out with a 4" and be done with it?

Also, my sponsons are pretty much white from the boat sitting in the water. So I want to do some aftermarket sponsons eventually.

And the O.P.A.S block off plates. I have heard a few different theories on these. Should I go with the PROS for the extra $200?

I have posted a few pics of the progress.

Thanks for any advice you guys can give me!
    Looks like you will be a little busy.

Skip the 3" intake and research the Kanaflex 4" DIY. The 4" will cost you about $120 verse the $200+ for the Riva 3".

The stock sponsons are pretty decent, as I have found in my research on here. Research here before you buy those.

Yes, go with the complete OPAS block-off "Pros". Either Riva or RE's. Some prefere the Riva, and some prefere the RE's...all personal preference

Replace the wear ring and check the prop. I am not sure you can spin the 14/19 without more mods...you will need to research that.

Look into removing the OEM intercooler and replacing with the XS IC. Great bang for the buck.

That should get you started. Others will chime in with more experience on the RXP. Welcome to the forum. --Jeremy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Looks like you will be a little busy.

Skip the 3" intake and research the Kanaflex 4" DIY. The 4" will cost you about $120 verse the $200+ for the Riva 3".

The stock sponsons are pretty decent, as I have found in my research on here. Research here before you buy those.

Yes, go with the complete OPAS block-off "Pros". Either Riva or RE's. Some prefere the Riva, and some prefere the RE's...all personal preference

Replace the wear ring and check the prop. I am not sure you can spin the 14/19 without more mods...you will need to research that.

Look into removing the OEM intercooler and replacing with the XS IC. Great bang for the buck.

That should get you started. Others will chime in with more experience on the RXP. Welcome to the forum. --Jeremy
    Thanks man! I have almost all the stuff ordered for the intake and going to do the Bilge pump while I have everything apart!

I may just live with the looks of the sponsons for now until I can get some nicer ones..

From what I have read the 14/19 should be about right for a basically stock RXP.. I will find out in about a week!

External IC may come this Winter!!

Thanks again!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tiddy2005 View Post
    Thanks man! I have almost all the stuff ordered for the intake and going to do the Bilge pump while I have everything apart!

I may just live with the looks of the sponsons for now until I can get some nicer ones..

From what I have read the 14/19 should be about right for a basically stock RXP.. I will find out in about a week!

External IC may come this Winter!!

Thanks again!!
    A lot of extemely fast skis "settle" for the OEM sponsons. I understand the OEM sponsons are very good, and that is why a lot of members still use them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    A lot of extemely fast skis "settle" for the OEM sponsons. I understand the OEM sponsons are very good, and that is why a lot of members still use them.

Sweet.. I will see if I can find a used set in good condition!

Thanks for the help

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Get 'er DONE!!!!!!!

Congrats on the new ski and my only words of advice will come from both the ski world and the jeep world. If you plan on eventually doing something, dont half ass it and do something that just works for now, It will not be worth it so just save up the money and go big. IE- if you want block offs dont just get the plates for now because there cheaper when you have plans to get the pros. Good luck on your build, there is lots of help here so just ask.
    -david

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Welcome to Seadookie ownership. Excellent choice the 14/19 I've been running mine for 3 years and I'm happy with hole shot and top end.

Remember, The Gayer you are, the faster your
    boat will go!!
    So I know you will have a Very Fast boat someday!

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Remember, The Gayer you are, the faster your
    boat will go!!
    So I know you will have a Very Fast boat someday!
    Cold man, cold

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information