Dumonde Tech break in procedure

Does anyone know what the exact break-in procedure is using the Dumonde Tech 2-stroke break in oil? I remember reading a thread somewhere, but i can't remember exactly what it was....the procedure on the bottle seems like for a dirt bike, and I didn't get an answer at Watcon (where I got it) or Dumonde tech direct.....something like 10- 1 minute cycles, then some other cycles, then some 20 minutes cycles on the trailer in the water or something like that.....thanks for any help!

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    I posted the instructions on that thread. Do a search and you should be able to find it. If not, let me know and I'll look for it again.

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    I posted the instructions on that thread. Do a search and you should be able to find it. If not, let me know and I'll look for it again.
    found it! In the thread you said it was from memory...anything else you can think of that isnt listed? Should there be any varying throttle during the 10 minute cycles? Right now I got the LS needles at 2.5 and the HS needles closed. I have the idle adjuster backed off completely (touching the plate, but not moving it). Not exactly sure where 500 rpms would be on the adjuster. I do have a tiny tach however. I'm assuming dribble some water on the carbon ring for the 10 minute cycles? Can't wait to get this thing going!

Set the carbs pig rich as previously mentioned, and lower the idle to 500, or whatever is the least that it will still run and not stall.

It is very important that the engine does not rev, so make sure you prime the carbs before attempting to start.

10- 1 minute heat cycles. Start engine and let it idle (no hose) for 1 minute. Let engine completely cool. Normally takes about 45 minutes minimum. Repeat. It is very important to allow the engine to completely cool. No short cuts. Remove spark plugs to allow quicker cooling.

Note- I do these during the week, whenever I get a chance to go out and cycle it.

2- 10 minute heat cycles (on the hose) Same procedure as above, just longer run time. Complete cool-down in between.

2- 20 minute heat cycles (at the lake) First one tied up on the trailer, in the water at the ramp, adjust idle up slightly to keep it running as water load will stall it. Try to do these while it is not busy at the ramp, because you will be taking up a slot for 20 minutes. It will belch smoke, film some oil accross the water. Not to worry, this is normal. Let completely cool.

Last 20 minute is riding. Increase idle speed back to 1500, and screw in the lows .75 turns. You still want it rich. Ride for the first ten minutes keeping it below 4k, and constantly varying the throttle. Then the last 10 with short wot bursts from idle, not holding it open more than 3 seconds at a time. Allow to completely cool. While cooling, screw in the lows .75 back to stock, and re-attach the oil pump. Fill up your empty tank with fresh fuel, then go do some 3 second plug chops.

When they are good and chocolate-brown after a 6-8 second runs, you can let it rip. Break-in is complete.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Check the last post, I scanned and posted the original instructions too. They aren't much different though.

All cycles should be done at an idle just fast enough to keep the engine running. A great loping diesel is what you are looking for. That is around 500 rpm. The last 20 minute cycle when you ride it is the only time you should vary the throttle.

Thread Information