Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ski

ski

I am trying to get information on the ability to install a tow eye on the back of a GP 1200R-9. Has anyone done this and will it even pull a kid on a tube or skis? I will buy it if I can do this

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by insp#484 View Post
    I am trying to get information on the ability to install a tow eye on the back of a GP 1200R-9. Has anyone done this and will it even pull a kid on a tube or skis? I will buy it if I can do this
    Welcome to GH!

I am installing a tow hook on my 1300r this weekend... It has been done, you just need a SS bow eye. I would highly suggest a larger backing plate and some fiberglass reinforcement...

You will need to check your local laws for legality of pulling a tube or skier with a 2 seater Jetski. But it can be done and works pretty well.

There's a pic of mine,it's off a seadoo xp,just remove the battery and battery tray,drill two holes,put abit of sealant around the holes and bolt it up using a nice size stainless backing plate on the inside.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00311.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	276.3 KB 
ID:	133755  

my dad said a buddy of his did it on an old 1100 but had to divert the water jet so as to not hit the skier and do you have a pic of the SS bow eye? I was contemplating a 1/4 thick 4 inch circle of aluminum on inside with 3/8 stainless u bolt washers and lock nuts

do I have to install mirrors to pull someone without another rider?

Most of the ski's on here don't have a that spray,they all get removed,have a look at the back of mine,the mats completely cover where the jet should be.

do I have to install mirrors to pull someone without another rider?

Mirrors required in N. Carolina

I put a set on our 00' GPR so we can tow with it.... In N. Carolina if you don't have a spotter, then mirrors are required... reguardless of how many persons the ski is rated for. I still haven't figured out how to use em though.......!!!

+1
    I'd reconsider the effort you are about to possibly waste on your ski. There is a law against pulling a skier with ANY machine that is under the "defined length of a boat"...The required length to pull a skier is atleast 12' long (don't know the exact amount but know its against the rules. Even on a 4 person jetski that may possibly exceed the required length to be defined a "boat"...you will still run into trouble imo. Lastly, you need a spotter/water on your ski as well and on a smaller hull like a 12 or 13r you are going to have an interesting time trying to maintain safety.

not trying to burst your bubble but I know the US coast guard clearly says NO when it comes to skis pulling skiers...and the environmental police and local authorities unless you live in a hick-town will observe and continue the same regulations inland.

-Mike

+1
    I have a seadoo tripod that is the correct dimensions to also fit on a GPR

The pole goes straight up appreox. 18 - 30 inches and there are 2 side braces.

If this idea is of interest let me know and I will take some pictures

philip
    [email protected]

Kid In A Adult Body sandman7793's Avatar
    I know down here in Florida on the rules and regulations for a jet ski pulling some one is as follows. You can do it with any jet ski as long as you either
    have mirrors or a spotter and I would be very careful just using mirrors because you can not see the skier very well. I promise if you hurt one of your friends or family or some one else one the water you will never forgive your self. If you want to pull a skier you should get a ski like a xlt 1200 that is set up for someone to sit backwards. Just my opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information