Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    D & B

RXPX or Yamaha FZR/FZS????

OK... My wife has a '08 Yamaha FX-SHO and I've waited all year to finally break down and by myself one so we can go ride together. I'm usually a very decisive person, but I've had the HARDEST time making a decision between the '08 RXPX & the '09 Yamaha FZR or FZS. I'm a big guy and therefore like the ride of the yamaha's as well as their new hull design, but I also like the speed and smaller size of the RXPX!!?? Anyone have any suggestions? Pros? Cons? Advice??

I'm really sorry if there is already a similar post on this in the past. It's been a while since I've been on green hulk!! Thanks for any input! I'm hoping to buy a bike by this weekend!!!

+1
    IMO you cant go wrong with either since they are both great skis! The Seadoo will be cheaper to mod. But stock for stock both skis are excellent watercraft and you cant go wrong.

+1
    There is a huge difference in the riding/handling characteristics between the 2. The FZR essentially is a 3 seater and it feels more like one than a 2 seater. The P-X is less comfortable but more nimble and edgy. It will take a supercharger/intercooler upgrade for the FZR to even come close to the acceleration and speed of a P-X with an intake grate and air intake. In fact, it would cost you thousands of dollars for the FZR to obtain the same speeds the P-X can reach for $500. The FZR is a nice ski and handles chop very well and would be the better ocean ski.

RXP-X

I'm a little biased though

Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    There is a huge difference in the riding/handling characteristics between the 2. The FZR essentially is a 3 seater and it feels more like one than a 2 seater. The P-X is less comfortable but more nimble and edgy. It will take a supercharger/intercooler upgrade for the FZR to even come close to the acceleration and speed of a P-X with an intake grate and air intake. In fact, it would cost you thousands of dollars for the FZR to obtain the same speeds the P-X can reach for $500. The FZR is a nice ski and handles chop very well and would be the better ocean ski.
    Quality assessment. I have been on both boats at the lake and ended up with the x boats. The stock x boats are at a completely different level.

Well this is the Sea-doo section so I'm gonna be biased and say take the X, however I've seen the FZR run before and it runs great handles the chop good, but being a die hard sea-doo person....go sea-doo you wont regret it

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Clutches failing, hulls caving in, cracking tunnels.. Yup, I want an FZR!!

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Clutches failing, hulls caving in, cracking tunnels.. Yup, I want an FZR!!
    every craft has their flaws, if i'm correct i think the FZR has an overstuffing issue??

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Avion3333 View Post
    every craft has their flaws, if i'm correct i think the FZR has an overstuffing issue??
    Exactlly. And they all have their fixes. Contrary to what some people think. There is NO perfect, problem-less ski.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information