just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar

interesting thing

I went looking for a race on new water this weekend.I always race my Dad on His rxp.2005, Yesterday I found some on new water. they where the green ones. YR? (my dad's is redish with chrome.) Two young guys where riding them (19yrs or so).
    They just about fell off their skis Laughing when I pulled up beside them on my stock looking 2002 1200.
    I asked the one that was leading (they where racing around the lake when I spotted them) if he wanted to drag race?
    He said"race that?!" I smiled and said "ya This." he said What you got in it?I said 1400. and left it at that.
    well It was over very quick. He lead me around to a smooth spot. I grinned. I own the smooth water. He would have been better off.

I got him and his buddy by 4 boat lenghts out of the hole. and pulled hard to the end.

I whipped him and his buddy by 200 yards. He treated me a little differnt at the end of the lake. to say the least he was VERY INPRESSED.

The interesting thing is I'm not sure why I neat them so bad. lack of drag race experance? just plain not knowing how to race, or is my dad's rxp that much faster? Or was his clutch going out? I don't know? thought it was worth sharing for what it is worth, Lord knows there are a few Rxps that can whip me. but not these cats or just not around here.

Ive tried that a few times, but unlike you I always got blown away with my (then) stock 1300R...the RXP guys seemed to expect more performance from the GPR than it actually has.

+1
    Yu go boi

+1
    Good deal...a few more kills under yer belt...lol....

+1
    The interesting thing is I'm not sure why I neat them so bad. lack of drag race experance? just plain not knowing how to race, or is my dad's rxp that much faster? Or was his clutch going out? I don't know?
    Probably lack of experience. It is very hard to play catch up when someone leaves you 3-4 boats out of the hole.

+1
    just like the other day i smoked 2 gpr 1300 with my stock 785 pro holeshot is killer and ridders said they had been riding 5 years but, i still dont think they knew what they were doing as far as dragging

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO
    The interesting thing is I'm not sure why I neat them so bad. lack of drag race experance? just plain not knowing how to race, or is my dad's rxp that much faster? Or was his clutch going out? I don't know?
    Probably lack of experience. It is very hard to play catch up when someone leaves you 3-4 boats out of the hole.
    I think your correct.I race my Dad every weekend. ANd I know where to be at on my ski depending on my fuel. we go at it all day long.
    I am Only 1 to 1.5 mph faster than him on top end. and his hole shot is right there with mine. If he gets me out of the hole it will take me half the lake to get ahead of him.

Thread Information