Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Virus or What?

Virus or What?

WTF?

2 days and i have had problems typing in this website, along with editing posts and copy/paste? Is there a virus? It keeps refreshing my page and making me start all over when i hit the enter button, or just for the hell of it. Seriously, it will just refresh for no reason. I have scanned my computer, and i have no bugs. This is a bonus, i was able to type this and send it without a problem.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Try scanning with a different online AV scanner.

Do not install any more software until you can kill off the infection, if there is one.

Try this one from Trend Micro

Some infections can mask themselves, or disable your main AV software, so even though your AV software says you are not infected, you really are.

I clicked the link, and it didn't help. It made it worse. My computer literally quit responding and i had to reboot. Then i couldn't get connected, i had to repair my internet settings.

Should i dowload my hardrive and refomatt?

Sounds like spyware.If you have another web browser try that.
    Download the following programs malwarebytes and adaware. Run them both it should clean your system.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

www.download.com download ADAWARE

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 97xp-MI View Post
    I clicked the link, and it didn't help. It made it worse. My computer literally quit responding and i had to reboot. Then i couldn't get connected, i had to repair my internet settings.

Should i dowload my hardrive and refomatt?
    Looks like your Windows system is right on the edge of collapsing completely.

You might try booting in Safe Mode, and see if you can access the Trend Micro online scanner that way

To get into Safe Mode, keep tapping the F8 key right after turning the power on.
    You should get a text menu, that lists some boot options. One of them should be Safe Mode with networking.

It will take longer to boot, and I don't know for sure if the Trend Micro scanner will even run in safe mode. But it won't hurt anything to try. The scanner itself can take several minute sot get itself organized and start scanning, so give it some time.

Another method is to remove the hard drive, and connect it to another working computer using a USB drive enclosure. Then scan your drive from that computer.

WTF?

2 days and i have had problems typing in this website, along with editing posts and copy/paste? Is there a virus? It keeps refreshing my page and making me start all over when i hit the enter button, or just for the hell of it. Seriously, it will just refresh for no reason. I have scanned my computer, and i have no bugs. This is a bonus, i was able to type this and send it without a problem.
    same here, trying to reply to PM`s, the page scrolls to the bottom when hitting the enter key, I had to log off then on again to be able to type...

WTF?

Let me guess..... you are using Norton anit virus????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by guno89 View Post
    Sounds like spyware.If you have another web browser try that.
    Download the following programs malwarebytes and adaware. Run them both it should clean your system.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

www.download.com download ADAWARE
    +1 on this software. You may need to run a registry cleaner after.

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    Scan it with MALWAREBYTES its a free download through google, this is the only program that really works and its free. Trust me, I work with this stuff for a living.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

+100 on Malwarebytes

very nice package, useful against vondo virus..consider switching to firefox or an alternate browser too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information