Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need some feedback about a issue i had with my brand new ski

hi i recently bought a brand new left over 08 rxp215 right out of the showroom.
    here is my story take it out into the water put 1 hour on the unit the bracket to the sterring i guess either comes off or breaks or got loose i have no idea at the time of it happinig all i know was i was 1 mile from the Ramp in where i dropped it into the water long story short i had to steer the ski back to the shore with my foot in the water to steer. stood at some strangers house till SEATOW came and got me this took forever so i was stranded at someones house till 9 p.m till they got to me took me 1 mile back to the ramp in which it cost me $651.00 bucks!! and aside from having a horrable day .shouldnt the dealer reimburse me the whole thing being this happen only 1 hour!! after i bought it after all arent they suppose to check and make sure things are good like PREP IT put the battery in the oil etc the battery is 1 foot away to where the problem on my ski was found. the next day the mechanic opened it at first i thought the cable snapped but he said that was unlikely ... it was the bracket that hold the cable up agianst the unit it was just GONE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND! throw me some feedback in to who u think should pay the 651 bucks after i just spent 12 grand !
    cause if they dont reimburse me i think i should contact seadoo themselves tho i think the dealer is at fault

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblu121 View Post
    hi i recently bought a brand new left over 08 rxp215 right out of the showroom.
    here is my story take it out into the water put 1 hour on the unit the bracket to the sterring i guess either comes off or breaks or got loose i have no idea at the time of it happinig all i know was i was 1 mile from the Ramp in where i dropped it into the water long story short i had to steer the ski back to the shore with my foot in the water to steer. stood at some strangers house till SEATOW came and got me this took forever so i was stranded at someones house till 9 p.m till they got to me took me 1 mile back to the ramp in which it cost me $651.00 bucks!! and aside from having a horrable day .shouldnt the dealer reimburse me the whole thing being this happen only 1 hour!! after i bought it after all arent they suppose to check and make sure things are good like PREP IT put the battery in the oil etc the battery is 1 foot away to where the problem on my ski was found. the next day the mechanic opened it at first i thought the cable snapped but he said that was unlikely ... it was the bracket that hold the cable up agianst the unit it was just GONE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND! throw me some feedback in to who u think should pay the 651 bucks after i just spent 12 grand !
    Can you be more specific about what fell off... I think your talking about the steering cable adjustment bracket under the hood

I'd ask them to reimburse the $651 and to be glad someone wasn't injured or worse and that there isn't a multi million dollar lawsuit resulting from their negligence. Hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Can you be more specific about what fell off... I think your talking about the steering cable adjustment bracket under the hood
    i am not familiar with parts or names but it looked like the letter U that locked the thick round part of the steering cable under the hood

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblu121 View Post
    i am not familiar with parts or names but it looked like the letter U that locked the thick round part of the steering cable under the hood
    Yep... steering cable adjustment clamp with a 10mm bolt on either side of it. Thats sucks... luckily no one was hurt!!! I have broke steering cables in the past and have been very lucky Generally you will just go straight when this happends

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    You're the one that decided to pay that crazy amount for a tow. Should of offered someone $20 to tow you back.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    You're the one that decided to pay that crazy amount for a tow. Should of offered someone $20 to tow you back.
    SEA TOW... TOW BOAT USA... is a total rip off... they really rape people when there down and out However... most boat insurance company's will cover the tow cost 100% (then will probably drop your ass... )

I have Boat/US towing and pay $25/year for membership and $34/year for unlimited towing. So fo $59 you could have unlimited towing, at least on the Great Lakes... Ron

there was noone in the channel or bay area with a boat i tryed to flag down a boat but they did not stop .so what would u do>? float away? or save yourself and get back safely to land.

so do u guys think that this was the dealers fault and it could have probably been avoided

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information