Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

R&D cool air filter

I was looking at purchasing this kit but was wondering if there is any water ingestion problem with this kit...I ride in fresh water lake and ocean so was wondering before I'll buy it... Thanks

I visited Skips garage recently and noticed he had all the filters taped up. He explained that he gets a lot of water in the hull from this mod w/very little if any gains.Save ur money

+1
    If you don't get much water over the handle bars it is fine. I do lake riding so I have never had a problem. If you also do ocean riding, I'd go without. Just my 2 cents.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin21 View Post
    I visited Skips garage recently and noticed he had all the filters taped up. He explained that he gets a lot of water in the hull from this mod w/very little if any gains.Save ur money
    Yep I saw that too... I guess what everyone else is running for intake set up? maybe I will get it and just remove it when I had to the ocean or just spend the money on something else like a waterbox and a free flow exhaust..

I risk it. High risk, High reward! I've only had 1 supercharger go out. Not sure if it was from the flat filter, or the RAM air mod with NO plate at the front of my hood. But thats just me. THe R-Rated air intake puts the horn way up front near the ECU, the flat filter water intrusion has no effect IMO.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    I risk it. High risk, High reward! I've only had 1 supercharger go out. Not sure if it was from the flat filter, or the RAM air mod with NO plate at the front of my hood. But thats just me. THe R-Rated air intake puts the horn way up front near the ECU, the flat filter water intrusion has no effect IMO.
    Agree with you there Dubz
    Waz

+1
    Thanks ...The only thing that was worring me was the fact that I run the stock air box still. I guess I'll buy it and take precaution when I ride in salt water.

+1
    +1
    I also have an R-Rated intake and the flat filter.
    I don't ride offshore and have never had a problem with water intrusion through the flat filter. I have ridden in heavy stuff that put water over the handlebars and did not have a problem. These skis love fresh air so any safe way to get more inside the hull is a plus for performance. If you run the Riva performer intake, don't run the flat filter unless you have some kind of shield over the filter on the intake. Several people have fabbed up a water shield for the Riva intake and I think they posted pics.

if your on a stock box...I wouldnt do it. Just my .02. Your intake is directly below the flat filter. My risk taking is different, as I mentioned, my intake if MUCH further up near the ECU. If your lake riding, if might be okay. if not, get a hold of the R-Rated intake. And you should be fine.

I have had the flat filter on since new. Now at 85 hours and no problems. With stock box. Salt Water riding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information