Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FX HO Parts are here, ready for baseline.

Just ordered the Riva Powerfilter, velocity stack kit and free-flow exhaust for my FX HO Cruiser from 4-tecperformance.com. Parts arrived today, 1 day ahead of schedule so Im going to take my ski out this afternoon for some baseline runs to see how much of an improvement I get from just these 3 mods.

I will update this thread this weekend with results and numbers of the upgrade. Im ordering the intake grate and ride plate next week so I can compare those changes as well.

Any suggestions on which intake grate to get? I have heard stories of the Riva grate breaking and havent heard anything about the R&D yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0233.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	419.0 KB 
ID:	133845  

Congratz.. Hope everything goes well.

Manny

looking forward to the results, i think its time to mod my FXHO

The power filter and velocity stack install is complete. I will be working on the free-flow exhaust tomorrow. Im going to post pics of the install in this thread in hopes that it might help someone with their install down the road. The install of the velocity stacks was fairly straightforward. There were a few things that were left out of Riva's instructions though that would have made it a little simpler. I will post details of those steps with the pics involved. Overall though, Im pretty impressed with the fit of the stacks. They installed very clean and fit perfectly.

After the install was completed, I must say I was most impressed with the sound change. Since I have 2 identical ski's, I was able to compare it to a bone stock one. It does sound more throaty, and its quite noticeable.

One of the things that my buddy gkecorp noticed was that when we ran the stock ski with the seat off, you could watch the lid of the breather cover suck downard as I revved the engine. Like its starving for air. With the power filter, thats gone. Mine doesnt do that at all. Im hoping to get out to the water tomorrow and see how much of a difference it made on GPS.

Here is a before and after pic of the breather box.

Name:	IMG_0238.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	478.0 KB 
ID:	133975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0267.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	462.8 KB 
ID:	133976  

I like the after! And that F#@king bolt that has no magnetism doesnt even show in the picture (LOL)

That looks great. Did you have to relocate the bypass motor assembly or remove the throttle bodies like the instructions states?
    Also, how tight does that set screw hold them on? Any concerns about it backing itself out and getting sucked in one of the openings? I plan on putting these on my 08 FX HO Cruiser. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulgp602 View Post
    That looks great. Did you have to relocate the bypass motor assembly or remove the throttle bodies like the instructions states?
    Also, how tight does that set screw hold them on? Any concerns about it backing itself out and getting sucked in one of the openings? I plan on putting these on my 08 FX HO Cruiser. Thanks
    Yes. I had to relocate it. That step only applies to the FX HO and FX HO Cruiser though. It really wasnt a big deal.

You do have to remove the throttle bodies. Thats mainly because you have to remove the bypass motor bracket from the throttle bodies in order to relocate it.

Removing the throttle bodies was easy as well. The only thing that caught me was when I removed the fuel line. The instructions dont mention it but in order to make the throttle bodies easier to pull, make sure you removed the two bolts that hold the bracket onto the airbox where the fuel rail comes through it. I will post a picture of the area Im talking about. That made it MUCH easier to pull out.

The stacks fit pretty tight especially with the o-ring in them. The set screw is supposed to be "snugged" down, not overtightened. The instructions tell you to use blue thread lock on the set screws to avoid having them back out.

NOTE: One of the gotches in the kit is that all of the allen head bolts in the ski are metric. For some reason Riva didnt include metric set screws. I really hate that. I didnt have a standard allen head small enough to fit the screws so I have to go buy one today and snug them down.

Name:	fuel_bolts.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	134010  

Thanks for the pic. I will probably be ordering these soon. I already have the Riva air filter, Free flow exhaust, intake grate, ride plate, and PPK.
    I am using the R&D rubber velocity stacks but have had some issues with them popping off. I went ahead and put hose clamps on them for the time being, but IMO it looks hokey. lol I like the clean install look of the Riva stacks. I should have bought them in the first place. You get what you pay for I suppose...

Your Free flow exhaust will be easy, just have a brand new hacksaw blade ready for cutting the rubber exhaust hose. It really looks nice and sounds better once you get it installed. If you are installing the rideplate, do the Free flow with the ride plate off. It is so easy getting at the exhaust outlet bolts with the ride plate off! Post more pics if you have 'em! Thanks

Oh yea, what kind of clamp did you use in place of the fuel line factory clamp?

The kit comes with one of those same types of clamps, cant remember what they are called off the top of my head. But it tells you in the instructions that if you dont have the special pliers needed for them, just use a pair of cutting pliers to squeeze it closed. Worked perfect for me.

Here are some more pics I snapped during the install.

Name:	IMG_0240.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	670.6 KB 
ID:	134021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0241.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	536.2 KB 
ID:	134022   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0243.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	626.8 KB 
ID:	134023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0245.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	662.8 KB 
ID:	134024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0246.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	698.0 KB 
ID:	134025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0248.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	934.6 KB 
ID:	134026  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0250.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	580.2 KB 
ID:	134027   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0251.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	573.6 KB 
ID:	134028   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0252.JPG 
Size:	599.4 KB 
ID:	134029  

Here are the rest of them.

One other gotcha that I didnt mention. When putting the bolts for the bypass motor in, I put them in from the outside of the airbox. If you do that, be careful when putting the bolt in that is under the airbox mounting tab. Its a PIA to get to because its so close to the side of the ski. I dropped the bolt the first time and gkecorp fished around under the engine for 45 minutes before he was able to get it out. We tried the retrieval magnet but wouldnt you know, Riva used bolts that the magnet wouldnt sick to! Argh! I ended up holding the head of the bolt with a pair of small vise-grips to get it in the hole without dropping it.

Name:	IMG_0254.JPG 
Size:	632.3 KB 
ID:	134030   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0255.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	673.4 KB 
ID:	134031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0258.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	529.6 KB 
ID:	134032   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0259.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	485.2 KB 
ID:	134033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0260.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	544.1 KB 
ID:	134034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0262.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	421.5 KB 
ID:	134035  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0264.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	648.8 KB 
ID:	134036   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0265.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	466.5 KB 
ID:	134037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0266.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	611.8 KB 
ID:	134038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0267.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	462.8 KB 
ID:	134039  

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information