Chesapeake Bay, South River, Edgewater, MD

short and long beeps no code

I had some problems out on the river it was turning 8120, no lack of power but there were some mostly short beeps and sometimes a long beep and there was nothing on the screen. Just wondering what it could be i thinking coolant, exhaust but dont have a clue

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD07RXP View Post
    I had some problems out on the river it was turning 8120, no lack of power but there were some mostly short beeps and sometimes a long beep and there was nothing on the screen. Just wondering what it could be i thinking coolant, exhaust but dont have a clue
    youl have to run it on the hose till it bleeps then hit the set button 5 times to give you a code, if this still applies to 07 machines,

Last time I had this was Battery voltage low alarm. It would do this, and then disapear. It sent me crazy as I missed the info on the display. turns out it was the fuse holder connection in the fuse-box with a slightly twisted connector doing the intermittent on me.

I hooked up the BUDS, and there it was.. 12 low..... then I had to find it.!!!

Bad connector from factory just decided to get intermittent one day at high RPM.

The 07 doesn't have the handy code finder like the earlier models.

Be careful about running it on the hose too long, the drive-shaft seal will take a kicking. It is cooled and lubricated by the ambient water it normally sits in.

Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    youl have to run it on the hose till it bleeps then hit the set button 5 times to give you a code, if this still applies to 07 machines,
    Hells bells, now Chorley, Lancs. Theres a place from the past. How is old UK for Skiing?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Richieb View Post
    Last time I had this was Battery voltage low alarm. It would do this, and then disapear. It sent me crazy as I missed the info on the display. turns out it was the fuse holder connection in the fuse-box with a slightly twisted connector doing the intermittent on me.

I hooked up the BUDS, and there it was.. 12 low..... then I had to find it.!!!

Bad connector from factory just decided to get intermittent one day at high RPM.

The 07 doesn't have the handy code finder like the earlier models.

Be careful about running it on the hose too long, the drive-shaft seal will take a kicking. It is cooled and lubricated by the ambient water it normally sits in.
    you can run these engines on the hose for quite along time, ie squirt water on the carbon seal from time to time ie every 2 mins, put your hand on the rideplate to make shure the closed loop has'nt reached 80 degres if it has it should bleep, this is a good way to test the sensor, but in all i think there is no harm in running on the hose, mines 05 so i did'nt know about the code finder

The more I see is the more I am noticing people wearing their C seal out lately.
    One of the guys we ride with had no probs, and then we got to launch, and while he waited, his ski decided to go diving... quickly too.

When the ring wears, I think it then goes into overdose mode, and hammers itself to death within minutes of just starting to leak. the fractional gap becomes 2-3mm in no time.

It does say don't do too long though. It's am expensive part relatively, but like has been said, keep it cooled and lubed if you can, and the alarm will go off if the heat generated in the engine cannot be dissipated thro' the plate. It can be an 'all hands on deck' to keep water dribbled on the ring, watching the temp of the motor, and looking for the code as it appears.

When mine did the 12v problem, it just said 12 Lo on display, and that was that... no code until BUDS had a look at it. It appeared at random times, then would go on vacation for a while..!

Surefire way if you can, is to get the BUDS to scan its error codes. 07 is great, but the hidden mystery alarm you only just catch can be annoying if you miss it, especially if it vanishes just as it clicks on you that there is a beeping noise.

Thread Information