New mikuni fuel pump!!

Well I got it in the mail today!! Its the mikuni triple, round one. I have a question about it tho. What outlet is the pulse and what one is the feed? Sorry for such a dumb question but i want to make sure i do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by gorey View Post
    Well I got it in the mail today!! Its the mikuni triple, round one. I have a question about it tho. What outlet is the pulse and what one is the feed? Sorry for such a dumb question but i want to make sure i do it right.
    The pulse line is the nipple that is on the "raised" middle part if that makes sense. and the incoming fuel feed shows the arrow pointing inward. Hopefully that helps. I just got done doing the change myself.

soccerkikr

triple fuel pump install

I am changing the fuel pump on my 93 SL750. I took the autocock off, but what do you do with the vent hose? How do you get the carbs off so I can change the hoses to each carb.

thanks

+1

soccerkikr

one more quick question

What about the vent line that went to the autocock, where do I put that. and how do I get the carbs out in order to put the new fuel lines on?

Thanks

O.K. I think i understand better now. So the second and third get caped off. Thanks for the pics, the manuals start getting confusing after awhile. Another question, Do i mount the pump in the same spot as the other?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerkikr View Post
    What about the vent line that went to the autocock, where do I put that. and how do I get the carbs out in order to put the new fuel lines on?

Thanks
    The vent line is a pules line that needs to be caped off. To remove the carbs remove the six nuts that attach them to the manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by gorey View Post
    O.K. I think i understand better now. So the second and third get caped off. Thanks for the pics, the manuals start getting confusing after awhile. Another question, Do i mount the pump in the same spot as the other?
    You should mount the pump low in the hull on the rib but not lower then the pulse line from the crankcase. I have mounted them in the stock location without any problems.

+1
    Hey Jeff, you don't need to remove the carbs to do the fuel or oil lines. It's a pain and not necessary. Mike

Thread Information