Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

truck tire guru`s

how much can you air down an "E" load tire?

I know E load is heavy duty, but if you use the tire in a standard load application as in less weight can the E load be aired down to say 40-44#`s?

+1
    i think that 15 psi under what the sidewall says is considerd underinflated.i usually run the l/r e tires on the vans about 5 psi under max but no less .

Quote Originally Posted by jet ski o'clock View Post
    i think that 15 psi under what the sidewall says is considerd underinflated.i usually run the l/r e tires on the vans about 5 psi under max but no less .
    same tire front: 60, rear 80. I don`t carry any weight. I was running both @ 58 cold. was a bit softer without giving up side wall.

these tires are to damn hard, feel every crack in the road...

+1
    i dont use the door stickers on the cars and trucks for tire inflation i just use the actual # on the tire sidewalls.and load range e tires =harsh ride also low tire pressure kills fuel economy.my van looses 2 mpg on the door sticker inflation compared to max on the sidewall.

i dont use the door stickers on the cars and trucks for tire inflation i just use the actual # on the tire sidewalls.and load range e tires =harsh ride also low tire pressure kills fuel economy.my van looses 2 mpg on the door sticker inflation compared to max on the sidewall.
    I can believe that, mine also varies with whatever mag set up i`m using.

currently I have XL Nitto terra grapplers 285/60/18`s on 18X9 Dick cepek DC1`s on the rear and 275/70/16 on same wheel but 16X8 up front. Tire diameters are the same, so no abs issues. The speedo is actually more accurate with slightly larger tire. I do feel a performance diff even with the 3:73`s. Mileage does increas with use of cruise control with the larger tires.

I have an offset size bc the 18`s will not fit the front of the E250 van.

the front tires (Kumo Road ventures) are aired up 42, and the rears are 44, rides way better, the tires actually absorb some of the road bumps...

pics

pics of the DC1`s
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 01-19-2010 at 05:24 PM.

+1
    you pimped an econoline thats cool mines just a work truck that pulls my boat from time to time so harsh ride i kind of expect from a e-350

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    andy wahts the suspension difference between the 150 and the 250 up front?

you can clear 18"s on the 150 up front

+1
    you should always use the manuf. door sticker for inflation

Andy, I have taken E's down to 35psi unloaded, but just to smooth out the ride

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    at least on the jeeps, we make lines across the tread with chalk and drive in a straight line. inflate or deflate until the wear is even.

My jeep has loadrange D tires rated at 80 psi, but door sticker says 33 psi. I'm with rich, if the tires are the same size as oem, go by the door sticker.

underinflation is a problem when the tire is loaded near max weight and is underinflated. . . hence the ford exploder fiasco.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information