Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bumper install

Bumper install

Guys do you have any advice for removing or installing of a new nose clip and the bumpers all the way around the jet ski? also when you put them back on did you pop rivet them back on or did you do some thing diffrent? thanks Slick

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Shoot a PM to Starflight. He did a great job on his SLT. I'm sure he has a few pointers for you.

And please post what you find out.... Thanks

will do as soon as I get home and off this phone I will shot him a pm..Cya Slick

Quote Originally Posted by Slick PWC View Post
    will do as soon as I get home and off this phone I will shot him a pm..Cya Slick
    i would like to know to, i am doing the same over here, also anyone know where i can buy the bumpers and nose clip in a dark grey for a 98 slh, i am tryn too get rid of the grape color, also when u buy the mats does it come woth the mat at the very back of the ski, any help would be great

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    I don't have an slt. 3 seaters are for girls.
    I haven't installed the rub rails and bumpers yet, but was planning on using rivits for the fasteners. I'm also going to use 3m dbl sided foam tape 1/2" wide x 1/8" thick.(I'll see if I can get the product # for you) The guy thats doing the gelcoat for me has the tape, and said it's around $45 for a 36yd roll. It's water proof, and he'll let me have what I need at no cost. He's also shooting the gel for free too. I guess I'll owe him a favor or two, but thats ok. I'm into bartering for goods and services.

As far as pulling the old stuff off, just grin and bear it. That tape is tough stuff! I drilled the rivits and just pulled on the rails. I don't know of any technique to make the job easier. I used a paint scraper and adhesive remover to get the tape and residue off the hull.

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    i would like to know to, i am doing the same over here, also anyone know where i can buy the bumpers and nose clip in a dark grey for a 98 slh, i am tryn too get rid of the grape color, also when u buy the mats does it come woth the mat at the very back of the ski, any help would be great
    Here is where you might be able to find the bumpers you need, you might have to go with a year newer or older depending on avalability and if the hull hasent change all that much maybe you can go two years newer or older.. I bought my nose clips off Ebay and my rub rails came from here http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N...&P=Polaris-PWC

Thanks Starflight for the info, I am not changing out my rub rails and nose clip until fall but wanted to hear how things went with everyone else did before I done mine.. Cya Slick

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Hey Eric, I have a 3 seater and I love it!! I love girls too! There's this one in particular.......

+1
    Hey Slick I used two sided foam tape from The Home Depot about 4 years ago on a 96 slx780 and have had no problems yet, it cost like $5 for a roll and I needed two of them. I used aluminum pop rivets to put them back on as well as the tape. It's tough to do the pop rivets because the rub rail is hallow and u need an extension on your gun to get the pull you need to snap the stems off. I also got the rivets at Home Depot. Hope this helps Mike

Hey ujustlost any reason why you had to use two sided foam tape from The Home Depot? The reason why I ask is because there is two sided tape already to go on these rails I got, there brand new but the problem could be age with it because it's been siting on some ones shelf for some time because as far as I know these bumpers haven't been made in some time,, I am going to dig this thread up during the winter months when I install these unless I do it before hand and I will be picking your brain alright.. Cya Slick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information