Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Question Riva Top Loader Intake Grate for the RXP

I installed and tested my new Riva Top Loader intake grate today. It makes a warbling noise while making sweeping turns at 30-40mph. It kind of reminds me of a tuning fork. My hole shot is shot. My RXP seems to shutter and shake from a stop. Does anyone know if this is normal for this grate? I like the idea of more top speed, but do not accept the other symptoms. Does anyone know of any mods to this particular intake grate that will allow me more top speed and a fair hole shot? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    I installed and tested my new Riva Top Loader intake grate today. It makes a warbling noise while making sweeping turns at 30-40mph. It kind of reminds me of a tuning fork. My hole shot is shot. My RXP seems to shudder and shake from a stop. Does anyone know if this is normal for this grate? I like the idea of more top speed, but do not accept the other symptoms. Does anyone know of any mods to this particular intake grate that will allow me more top speed and a fair hole shot? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig
    Not at all,grate helped me all the way around, but now that my carbon seal is shot , so is my hole shot!Warbling sound, yeah mine has always done that

+1
    That sounds is normal with the intake grate.

+1

Thanks Guys!

Why might it shutter from a stop? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Something else wrong, could be like mine, stock carbon seal is trashed after 240hours, you might be sucking air through the pump like me. First it shuddered now it sounds like it is just slipping, 0 hole shot.I'm getting ready to order the rad 4 seal from the on line store.

+1

Thanks.

I don't know about carbon seals? I had my ski out last weekend and it ran great. I've got 103hrs on it. The only thing I did - is replace the stock intake grate with the Riva Top Loader grate. I guess I could just put the stock grate back in and see if that solves the shuttering problem? My ski didn't have that symptom before.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    don't think that's it at all. someone else want to chime in. I put mine Riva intake grate on 3 years ago and I haven't had a problem with it since.

+1

Well enough alone.

I just discovered alot more water in my hull than usual. I'm not sure if that caused my shuttering issue? I used permatex around the bolts while installing the grate. I don't know what I did? I don't know why there's alot more water in my hull? Any help will be much appreciated.

+1
    If your carbon ring is worn it can be letting water in the hull and causing that "shuttering" on take off. That shuttering is cavitation from air being sucked in thru the carbon seal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    If your carbon ring is worn it can be letting water in the hull and causing that "shuttering" on take off. That shuttering is cavitation from air being sucked in thru the carbon seal.
    Hmm .. I bet your right. I inspected the hull and around the new intake grate, everything looks fine. I don't know how to test the carbon ring to see if it is worn. I really don't want to take my ski to the dealer. IMO they are a bunch of idiots who don't really care. I really appreciate your help! What can I purchase from you in order to fix this carbon ring problem? I have the service manual.

Thanks again for your help!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information