Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Not Again! Could Use Some Help for my SLX.

Last spring, with the help of this forum, I replaced pretty much everything from the drive shaft back--seals, bearings, stub shaft, impeller (new Nujet PL-A7.0), stator, etc... Ski ran awesome until (apparently) I took a rock that wedged between the discharge side of the impeller and the stator which looks like it un-screwed the impeller from the jack shaft in an instant (I felt this and the subsequent vibration). I shut the ski down instantly but apparently the damage was done as the threads on both the stub shaft and the impeller are all but gone. In the pics you can hopefully see what I'm talking about.

My request from the forum is to locate parts to get the ski going. Since I have had a few unexpected expenses come up lately it would be awesome if the parts could be found used to save a few dollars.

I believe I need the following: Impeller, pump seals and o-rings for stub shaft (bearings look OK but maybe I should replace anyhow?), stub shaft, stator and possibly any other parts?

Any help in finding these parts would be greatly appreciated. Again, used would be awesome. Ski is a 2000 SLX. Wow--I just previewed the post and the condition of the parts makes me feel pretty dumb--I promise to treat the ski nicer, I promise to treat the ski nicer, I promise to treat the ski nicer...

Thanks,

Craig
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	365647451.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	134006

Name:	365647449.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	134007

Name:	365647441.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	134008

Name:	365647448.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	134009

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    What year SLX?

Is your engine stock, or upgraded?

There may be other impellers that will work on your SLX.

Send an email to John Zigler - he may have an entire jet pump available. Or search the Polaris Classifieds.

If you can find a stainless steel 6 vane stator, that is an upgrade from the aluminum 5 blade.

If the replacement stator doesn't come with them, you can get new bearings and seals from a bearing supplier, or from one of the Polaris OEM sources, like Babbitts.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What year SLX?

Is your engine stock, or upgraded?

There may be other impellers that will work on your SLX.
    Thanks for the info K447.

The ski is a 2000 and is totally stock. I would like to improve performance but really don't want to get into the engine. Was thinking maybe something like an improvement to the stator (I promise to keep the FOD out of this one) or possibly the tripple pipes I've heard were available at one time (they just sound cool).

Craig

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

pump

first thats the wrong stator for that ski,the pic is a cast aluminum 5 vane.it came stock with a stainless steel 6 vane.i've got a stock prop

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    first thats the wrong stator for that ski,the pic is a cast aluminum 5 vane.it came stock with a stainless steel 6 vane.i've got a stock prop
    Don't know about that. I bought the ski used from the original owner and if I had to guess, he would never replace a 6 vein SS with a 5 vain aluminum--but that's what I got. I do know he didn't do his work and was not really satisified with the Polaris shops he took the ski to.

I really replied to thank K447 for the John Zigler recommendation. I called him and got everything (except the 5131196 Pump Extension) for a very fair price. I was truly impressed with John, the way he runs his company and his passion for PWC's (especially the stand-ups which I am just now learning now at 41 years old!).

If anyone knows where I can get a new Pump Extension for my 2000 SLX, let me know.

Thanks for the help AGAIN Greenhulk.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Don't know about that. I bought the ski used from the original owner and if I had to guess, he would never replace a 6 vein SS with a 5 vain aluminum--but that's what I got. I do know he didn't do his work and was not really satisified with the Polaris shops he took the ski to.

I really replied to thank K447 for the John Zigler recommendation. I called him and got everything (except the 5131196 Pump Extension) for a very fair price. I was truly impressed with John, the way he runs his company and his passion for PWC's (especially the stand-ups which I am just now learning now at 41 years old!).

If anyone knows where I can get a new Pump Extension for my 2000 SLX, let me know.

Thanks for the help AGAIN Greenhulk.
    Check out Ebay. They had a nice NEW SS extension for $150. A bit pricey, but a real nice wear ring...

"Parts Pit Stop" has New Polaris SS pump extensions (part number 5134562) for $128.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa View Post
    "Parts Pit Stop" has New Polaris SS pump extensions (part number 5134562) for $128.
    Cool, thanks for the tip....

+1
    yeah very wierd why it had the five vein on it...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa View Post
    Great!

Thank-you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information