Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    SC'ed on P-X chime in

    Hi guys

    My P-X has grate, 4" flex intake, prop and reduction nozzle

    I read that p-x w/Bigger SC wheel,RRFRP, injectors, Riva/RR ecu and other mods boost up to 13.5-14psi could hit 77-78 but also i heard that with Riva or RR ecu we could face some issues.

    Many members saw very good numbers and performance going with 68 -140 Xtreme or 2rude SC ON STOCK ECU they saw almost same boost [email protected] but they got more top-end also with 79-80

    so is it way to go ?

    Annt reliabilty issues so far? what kind of maintenance those SC's required?


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakRXP1200 View Post
    Hi guys

    My P-X has grate, 4" flex intake, prop and reduction nozzle

    I read that p-x w/Bigger SC wheel,RRFRP, injectors, Riva/RR ecu and other mods boost up to 13.5-14psi could hit 77-78 but also i heard that with Riva or RR ecu we could face some issues.

    Many members saw very good numbers and performance going with 68 -140 Xtreme or 2rude SC ON STOCK ECU they saw almost same boost [email protected] but they got more top-end also with 79-80

    so is it way to go ?

    Annt reliabilty issues so far? what kind of maintenance those SC's required?
    The ecu's will require you to upgrade your valvetrain. The drop in ETEC137 billet wheel/spacer can be used on a stock ecu with 50lb injectors, no need for the rrfper with them, as long as you stay on the stock ecu/rev limiter, but this also only will give you 12.5-13psi. With the higher rev limiter ecus you will see in the 14psi range but then you will need 60lb injectors to go along with the ecu (or 72lb will work also with these ecu's).

    We've seen great results on X models with these drop in wheels and the R&D grate hitting 78mph and not bucking (plus other supporting mods....not just the wheel and grate).

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by novaprop67 View Post
    The ecu's will require you to upgrade your valvetrain. The drop in ETEC137 billet wheel/spacer can be used on a stock ecu with 50lb injectors, no need for the rrfper with them, as long as you stay on the stock ecu/rev limiter, but this also only will give you 12.5-13psi. With the higher rev limiter ecus you will see in the 14psi range but then you will need 60lb injectors to go along with the ecu (or 72lb will work also with these ecu's).

    We've seen great results on X models with these drop in wheels and the R&D grate hitting 78mph and not bucking (plus other supporting mods....not just the wheel and grate).
    How do u compare both setups ?

    I mean ETEC 68-140 Extreme/2rude on stock ecu 13.5-14 vs ETEC 137mm, RR ECU, lupgraded valvetrain plus others supporting mods which also boost up to 13.5-14psi

    Which setup has stronger holeshot, acceleration and top end?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakRXP1200 View Post
    How do u compare both setups ?

    I mean ETEC 68-140 Extreme/2rude on stock ecu 13.5-14 vs ETEC 137mm, RR ECU, lupgraded valvetrain plus others supporting mods which also boost up to 13.5-14psi

    Which setup has stronger holeshot, acceleration and top end?
    The 68-140 Extreme will definately make more power as the wheel/spacer set up in that charger is 140mm vs 137mm.

    The 70-145 will outperform them all.

    But as far as Bang for the Buck value, the X charger with the drop in wheel/spacer can't be beat. Approximately $1375 for the X with the wheel/spacer vs $1800-$1900 for the 68-140 Extreme.

  5. #5
    baba850r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    673
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by novaprop67 View Post
    The 68-140 Extreme will definately make more power as the wheel/spacer set up in that charger is 140mm vs 137mm.

    The 70-145 will outperform them all.

    But as far as Bang for the Buck value, the X charger with the drop in wheel/spacer can't be beat. Approximately $1375 for the X with the wheel/spacer vs $1800-$1900 for the 68-140 Extreme.

    how does the riva wheel upgrade and 50s compare to this?

    id imagine a stock p-x with 50s in will runn very rich on tick over/light boost?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    how does the riva wheel upgrade and 50s compare to this?

    id imagine a stock p-x with 50s in will runn very rich on tick over/light boost?
    It doesn't compare IMO. In my way of thinkin (in my turbo Supra world) it's like comparing a GT28R turbo at 20psi to a GT35R turbo at the same boost.....there's no comparison, the 35R makes way more power.

    The superchargers are the same (maybe not as drastic as the turbo examples above, but still similar) senario. The larger charger will make better power.

  7. #7
    [quote=novaprop67;1076590]The 68-140 Extreme will definately make more power as the wheel/spacer set up in that charger is 140mm vs 137mm.

    Even if both made same boost 13.5-14psi? the extreme will win by huge margin ?

  8. #8
    [quote=FreakRXP1200;1076622]
    Quote Originally Posted by novaprop67 View Post
    The 68-140 Extreme will definately make more power as the wheel/spacer set up in that charger is 140mm vs 137mm.

    Even if both made same boost 13.5-14psi? the extreme will win by huge margin ?
    Not huge, but noticibly better.

  9. #9
    [quote=novaprop67;1076670]
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakRXP1200 View Post

    Not huge, but noticibly better.
    And which one will be more reliable? both same boost as we mentioned above?

  10. #10
    [quote=FreakRXP1200;1076695]
    Quote Originally Posted by novaprop67 View Post

    And which one will be more reliable? both same boost as we mentioned above?
    The 140 Extreme and 145 Extreme chargers have been ripping through clutches. The X with the 137 wheel/spacers are lasting just like oem units.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Possible to Run SC'ed 24# - On Pump Gas??
    By WP3223 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2014, 07:21 AM
  2. 1999 gp1200 need the pros to chime in on this problem i am having
    By junny in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 02:25 PM
  3. Checking SC slip (on the motor) - not in FAQ section??
    By blkturbo! in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 12:49 AM
  4. Be on the look out in Miami!!! Theives!!!!
    By spdracr in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 07:40 PM
  5. 76.6mph on 95 degree weather in the keys
    By Hecyan in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 10:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •